Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger on a coilover set up for my 2015 Nissan Note S. Got the BC Racing D-90, should be here next week. I'm so excited to try this kinda set-up out. Will post how they go on my car. Picture is generic but fuels the excitement.

If anyone has experience with this brand/set-up please post as this is my first coilover suspension. Q

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not on my Nissan, but my brother has them on his Mazda 6. It also helps that their shop is 30-45 mins from my house, so I see a lot of their cars. Not doing anything beyond the stereo to the Nissan until my warranty is up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got an update from BC Racing on my coilover status, bad news for Note owners wanting a BC racing set up. Current information from BC Racing as of 5/23/2016 is they no longer "stock, ready to ship" the coilovers, but can custom build to order. Lead time is 4 weeks, this is due to lack of demand. If you order from a vendor that has them already in stock your good to go, the place I ordered them from does not stock them. Hey Crafthell did the place you got yours have them in stock? I gave them the ok to proceed with my order, looks like the end of June for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got an update from BC Racing on my coilover status, bad news for Note owners wanting a BC racing set up. Current information from BC Racing as of 5/23/2016 is they no longer "stock, ready to ship" the coilovers, but can custom build to order. Lead time is 4 weeks, this is due to lack of demand. If you order from a vendor that has them already in stock your good to go, the place I ordered them from does not stock them. Hey Crafthell did the place you got yours have them in stock? I gave them the ok to proceed with my order, looks like the end of June for me.
Crap the guy said lead time was 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago yesterday lol.. Still havent received. ill contact him and find out, i still havent received. BC NA is like 40min or so from me lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I knew you were going to order them, looks like we can share our experience at the same time. This could be really useful for setting up our rides since we ordered our at about the same time. Have you ever done coil overs Crafthell? Q
Yea i've owned 3 240's the past 3 years lol. Bought a set of BC's for the first S13 coupe. Had a set of Silkroads JDM Coilovers on my 98 s14 kouki. Then i had a set of tein coilovers on my s13 hatch =)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i've owned 3 240's the past 3 years lol. Bought a set of BC's for the first S13 coupe. Had a set of Silkroads JDM Coilovers on my 98 s14 kouki. Then i had a set of tein coilovers on my s13 hatch =)
Damn you've had some coil overs:smile. I was hoping you'd have your by now. specially since you've done them before. My first coil overs, no longer a virgin after they get here. Longest wait....ever. Maybe with a few orders placed they'll start making them again and keep them in stock. By the way did you see theres an "extreme low" version available? I kept my order regular because even with lowering springs the Note is already low for bumps. Going to be crazy driving around DFW with it even lower, we have lane markers the size of basketballs in some parts!!! Kill a normal car for sure. Q

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn you've had some coil overs:smile. I was hoping you'd have your by now. specially since you've done them before. My first coil overs, no longer a virgin after they get here. Longest wait....ever. Maybe with a few orders placed they'll start making them again and keep them in stock. By the way did you see theres an "extreme low" version available? I kept my order regular because even with lowering springs the Note is already low for bumps. Going to be crazy driving around DFW with it even lower, we have lane markers the size of basketballs in some parts!!! Kill a normal car for sure. Q
holy shit basketball sized markers.. im just worried about this speed bump in my neighborhood and im good lol. You think lowering it to remove factory 4x4 wheel gap would be too low?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pulled the trigger on a coilover set up for my 2015 Nissan Note S. Got the BC Racing D-90, should be here next week. I'm so excited to try this kinda set-up out. Will post how they go on my car. Picture is generic but fuels the excitement.

If anyone has experience with this brand/set-up please post as this is my first coilover suspension. Q
Did you have Springs on you're Versa before the coilovers?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
holy shit basketball sized markers.. im just worried about this speed bump in my neighborhood and im good lol. You think lowering it to remove factory 4x4 wheel gap would be too low?
There actually the size of 1/2 a basketball, there lane dividers for left or right hand turn lanes. You don't want to hit these in a regular car, maybe a Jeep with 35" tires. It will definitely be interesting going lower than 1.4/1.0, I only have problems on really steep stuff and of course fast dips. Fast dips only effect shock travel which is always going to be worse with drop springs. It will be nice to see how much travel the BC have in a lowest setting. Driving at least in DFW will have to be more focused. Q

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just received tracking on the coilovers.. will be here on this monday coming up. Says the package is coming from Taiwan lol. I thought they were made in america and shipped from Orlando.. Guess not. I'll have to wait until the following Sunday/Monday when im off to install them. So like the 19th/20th ill have them installed, and have some updates on the ride quality.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BOOM:grin. Wow that is awesome, maybe mine are in the works after yours. Taiwan huh, I thought the same thing. Seems kinda fast for shipping, Monday is super fast. Anyway still cool, can't wait to see a picture. Q

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Just received tracking on the coilovers.. will be here on this monday coming up. Says the package is coming from Taiwan lol. I thought they were made in america and shipped from Orlando.. Guess not. I'll have to wait until the following Sunday/Monday when im off to install them. So like the 19th/20th ill have them installed, and have some updates on the ride quality.
Hey Crafthell, just got my tracking info also. Don't have a date of arrival yet as tracking hasn't updated yet, thinking by this weekend. You should have yours today huh? I am so excited. Going to try and install next week, wife and I are buying a house in Fort Worth but it's a sellers market so not much time for "me time". I'll get it done though. Really want to see if my wheels fit correctly with the 40 offset. I've been looking at rims with a 42-45 just in case I need to bring them in some. Are you running stock rims? After install post your wheel offset currently used as a gauge for everyone, I'll do the same. I'm not cool with fender hits, been there done that.

Install away my friend, I'm right behind you. Q

Tracking just updated, will be here on Thurs. 6/16!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Crafthell, just got my tracking info also. Don't have a date of arrival yet as tracking hasn't updated yet, thinking by this weekend. You should have yours today huh? I am so excited. Going to try and install next week, wife and I are buying a house in Fort Worth but it's a sellers market so not much time for "me time". I'll get it done though. Really want to see if my wheels fit correctly with the 40 offset. I've been looking at rims with a 42-45 just in case I need to bring them in some. Are you running stock rims? After install post your wheel offset currently used as a gauge for everyone, I'll do the same. I'm not cool with fender hits, been there done that.

Install away my friend, I'm right behind you. Q

Tracking just updated, will be here on Thurs. 6/16!!!
Nice!, just received them today! Really awesome quality i attached a picture. I'm thinking of installing them next Sunday/Monday. I am running stock wheels, ill post all the specs when i have the coilovers installed and everything and measure how far off the ground you can be without rubbing. Especially when turning, god i hate that lol. I just want to bring it down to eliminate most of the wheel gap for now. Then whenever im able to order some wheels then it will be awesome lol.

Side note: Saw a GTR like a 89/90 today and i caught up to him (only going like 70 lol) and gave him a huge thumps up, then he ripped it and took off lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great to hear your first impression on initial quality is high. Do you have the steel rims or alloy, offset is different on both. 40 for steel 15" and 45 for alloy 16". I'm running 40 17" right now and don't think they will work but won't know till I got it set-up. Stock rims 15 or 16 you can go as low as you want. Q

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
8 Participants
TheR1ch
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing