Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Nissan Versa that has 385 miles on it. It has been back to the dealer three times in less than three months. Two oil leaks, alignment problem. Transmission shakes the whole car when you came to a stop, the paint is all orange peel, and the A/C makes a big bang when you start it in the morning.
When you purchase a new vehicle it's supposed to be a fun time. But for me it has been a real pain in the nether anatomy. This is my first and my last Nissan. In my opinion it is nothing but a bunch of junk. Honestly now does your paint have orange peel in it? Does your A/C make a big bang when you first start it?
Since 2000 I've owned four Toyota's and had no problem with any of them. Compared with this Nissan the Nissan can't hold a candle to the Toyota.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you are seeing in the paint but keep this in mind, Nissan has a special self healing paint that heals its own scratches over time. This kind of paint is going to look different from other car companies since they don't have it and the scratches will stay on those cars permanently. The alignment and transmission problems should have been noticed in the test drive? Not sure why you went ahead with the purchase if you noticed those problems. If they came after I would heavily suggest making them trade this one for a different one with no problems. Also Nissan has never had accelerator problems in thousands of their cars, I'm sure it can hold a candle to Toyota.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 2014 Nissan Versa that has 385 miles on it. It has been back to the dealer three times in less than three months. Two oil leaks, alignment problem. Transmission shakes the whole car when you came to a stop, the paint is all orange peel, and the A/C makes a big bang when you start it in the morning.
When you purchase a new vehicle it's supposed to be a fun time. But for me it has been a real pain in the nether anatomy. This is my first and my last Nissan. In my opinion it is nothing but a bunch of junk. Honestly now does your paint have orange peel in it? Does your A/C make a big bang when you first start it?
Since 2000 I've owned four Toyota's and had no problem with any of them. Compared with this Nissan the Nissan can't hold a candle to the Toyota.
My A/C sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars when I first start it in the morning or afternoon. I've been to the stealership for multiple issues and have to take everything to the corporate level. Build quality level of all the Nissan's I've test driven has been rather poor. After ricing out Honda's for the past decade it has been a change, but it has been nice having a rather unique car. So I have found difficulty in straying from the herd, at least I don't have to pay Mugen prices. Mechanical issues aside, didn't you look at the paint before purchase? I pulled the plastic off of both Versa's I've owned and each had to be perfect to get my dollar. I guess Honda=Toyota>Nissan, lol. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I've had mine since 2010(purchased new) and no complaints here. The dash does rattle and sometimes A/C can be louder but its good for the most part. I'm happy with my purchase. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
You get what you pay for. My car the AC is crazy loud, my interior panels squeak when it's cold but for what I paid and the mpg's and low insurance I love it. If your comparing nissan with toyota well toyota for the most part has better quality. But I hope your comparing a new yaris at least. Don't compare anything older to newer cars. And compare within the same class. Because I've had older nissan's too and the build quality was 1000x better then my versa. Even the old base sentra's which is comparable to this car was way better.

Nissan really toned things back for the V. Any other car in their lineup has much better materials and fit n finish. But then again they all cost much more. Hard to beleive the interior of the new altima, pathfinder or even sentra is the same company that makes the Versa. Oddly enough the new Versa Note comes with a really nice interior in other countries but here we get the not so nice one.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a few issues with mine when I first bought it with 10 miles. After a few trips to the dealership and a rental car for 2 weeks they fixed pretty much everything.

The car is nothing great...at all.....it is just a cheap econobox to get you from point A to point B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lets start with the fact that the Versa is supposed to be a "cheap" car. Everybody wants to forget that a small car is just as expensive to build as a bigger car. The metal involved will be less, but the cost savings is miniscule. SO , how do you build a smaller , cheaper car? The only way is cheaper labor and cheaper componets across the board. The Versa I buy is built in Mexico , for only one reason. ...cheap labor. As for the components that actually become the car , I think Nissan has done as good a job as any manufacturer as far as walking the line between cheap and way too cheap. I've owned several VW's and I don't think VW is as good at this balancing act as Nissan. Look at a Honda Fit, or a similar Toyota/Scion and it's not hard to see that in this price range today , nobody is building a $60K Lexus and selling it for $17-$19K as a price leader. Boil it all down, set your level of expectation, and realize there are plenty of problems with every car in every price range. If you look for trouble , you can find it. So far , my Versa has shown no problems that I deem a defect or a shortcoming. It isn't the fastest, it isn't the most economical, it isn't the quietest, It doesn't even offer heated seats! But I knew that going in. Some of the "complaints" I read posted make me wonder....did these people test drive the car before they bought it? I know from experience , some people will complain if you give them a sold gold brick for free! Their complaint? .."why is it so heavy , I don't like carrying this" ...some people. You have a warranty , there's always another dealer , and there is no shortage of Lawyers.

Is this the Sedan or the hatchback? IF it's a hatchback , you bought a all new model and a early production one at that. Teething problems...never buy a early addition of a all new model car of any brand. IMO

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lets start with the fact that the Versa is supposed to be a "cheap" car. Everybody wants to forget that a small car is just as expensive to build as a bigger car. The metal involved will be less, but the cost savings is miniscule. SO , how do you build a smaller , cheaper car? The only way is cheaper labor and cheaper componets across the board. The Versa I buy is built in Mexico , for only one reason. ...cheap labor. As for the components that actually become the car , I think Nissan has done as good a job as any manufacturer as far as walking the line between cheap and way too cheap. I've owned several VW's and I don't think VW is as good at this balancing act as Nissan. Look at a Honda Fit, or a similar Toyota/Scion and it's not hard to see that in this price range today , nobody is building a $60K Lexus and selling it for $17-$19K as a price leader. Boil it all down, set your level of expectation, and realize there are plenty of problems with every car in every price range. If you look for trouble , you can find it. So far , my Versa has shown no problems that I deem a defect or a shortcoming. It isn't the fastest, it isn't the most economical, it isn't the quietest, It doesn't even offer heated seats! But I knew that going in. Some of the "complaints" I read posted make me wonder....did these people test drive the car before they bought it? I know from experience , some people will complain if you give them a sold gold brick for free! Their complaint? .."why is it so heavy , I don't like carrying this" ...some people. You have a warranty , there's always another dealer , and there is no shortage of Lawyers.

Is this the Sedan or the hatchback? IF it's a hatchback , you bought a all new model and a early production one at that. Teething problems...never buy a early addition of a all new model car of any brand. IMO
:iagree:

Also it has some of the lowest cost of ownership in it's class at least the base model that is. Everyone else has gone to sporty, stylish, lots of content but those expenses get passed on to the consumers, yet the Versa shows up number one or number two in the sales charts for it's class on a consecutive basis.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
yup it's a hot seller. It's qualities aren't sportiness, or speed or even style. It's cost to own and space. And it petty much beats every car on those two things. No one wants a new car to be littered with issues though, even the cheap ones. And truthfully they shouldn't. My car has not needed any trips to the dealer or repairs. Even the expensive cars can be a lemon. I could take the poor fit n finish and the loud AC but the OP's issues are beyond that. I can see his frustration. Transmission shaking the car, oil leaks and alignment problems should not be overlooked since it's a cheap vehicle.

Hope nissan takes care of you and you can finally enjoy your Versa for it's intended purposes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I own a 2010 Versa HB that I bought used about 4 years ago. It was still under factory warranty and had 21,000 miles on it. Since, I had a CV boot replaced under warranty, put new tires and wipers on it, and upgraded my stereo. I bought it $5000 under blue book from Hertz Rent2Own. I was given three days to drive it before buying it. I am very pleased with it. My days of buying a brand new car are over. I want a car that has been broken in and has a Carfax of any problems. I do like Toyotas and have owned them in the past.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pro's

Awesome speakers. ( love it! )
good acceleration
i love its engine and rev's
Beige interior looks good..

Con's
Interior plastic feels very cheap
I dont like the weird seats i have
Average transmission (i have 4sp auto)
i got average economy - similar to other 2.5L cars in market
the shaft issue/clunking noise/CV joint is only frustrating unending problem to me.

Note : con's mentioned are way too detailed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you have the CVT, there is some vibrations at very low speeds that is normal but it should not "shake" the whole car.

Sounds like you got a lemon, no way in hell it should be leaking oil the car is not even broken in at that mileage. See what your local lemon laws are and if you continue to have issues with the car get them to buy it back or give you another car. Sometimes bad cars do get through quality control.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought my 09 hatchback just before last Christmas, Other than fuel, and summer wheels/tires I have spent $0.00 on maintenance, and I am saving approximately $170.00 in fuel each month (compared to the mini van I sold to get it) so I am personally very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Bought my 09 hatchback just before last Christmas, Other than fuel, and summer wheels/tires I have spent $0.00 on maintenance, and I am saving approximately $170.00 in fuel each month (compared to the mini van I sold to get it) so I am personally very happy with it.
this right here is why I bought my Versa. I was driving a car that got on average 28mpg and it required premium. I get 38mpg on average on 87 octane. I save almost $200 a month on gas and that is what my payment is. So Basically I got to drive a brand new free car for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as the car goes, anything can happen to a car when it's sitting at the dealer. Knowing that dozens of people can get their hands on it new or used, who knows maybe a few lot tech might have enjoy themselves a little too much. Other than that try the lemon law and go back to the brand you think is superior if you think there's serious flaws with the cars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive had my Versa since Oct of last year and I have no complaints about it. Kept my stock until 3 months ago.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.