Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm getting a beeping sound coming from my scanner box connector while driving and hitting bumps and it will beep if I tap on it. I didn't know those things beep let alone how to fix it. Anybody please help!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
132 Posts
Are you talking about your OBD2 port?? Do you have something connected to your OBD2 port?? (like a Progressive Snapshot monitor or some other device) Perhaps it is the device (itself) connected to your OBD2 port that is doing the beeping and its losing connection each time you go over a bump??

I briefly tried Allstate's Drivewise monitor on a GM car I owned. The actual device beeped when first connected or disconnected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the OBD2 port! As far as I know they're is nothing plugged into it because we never talked to like an insurance company.... But now you have me wondering if they're is anything plugged into it, matter of fact when I was taping on it I noticed that I couldn't see like the prongs like maybe they're was a cap over it. They don't put caps over those do they?
Thank You for replying and helping me

·
Registered
668 Posts
Used car dealers have been known to put GPS trackers that run off OBD II ports in their cars.

Reactions: SlickVersa

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah the OBD2 port! As far as I know they're is nothing plugged into it because we never talked to like an insurance company.... But now you have me wondering if they're is anything plugged into it, matter of fact when I was taping on it I noticed that I couldn't see like the prongs like maybe they're was a cap over it. They don't put caps over those do they?
Thank You for replying and helping me
Look at OBD2 port at any other car and compare with yours.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
132 Posts
Here is what my OBD2 port looks like on my '16 Versa.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Camera accessory Cameras & optics Auto part
Vehicle Motor vehicle Camera accessory Cameras & optics Auto part

Yes, there may be an old "insurance tracker" on the vehicle that the previous owner forgot to remove when they sold the car. And yes those things do "beep" from time to time (at least mine did on my old GM car)

Personally, I had electrical issues with the "insurance tracker" in my GM car. Apparently, the device wouldn't let the computer on that car "go to sleep" when I wasn't driving (or so I was told by a mechanic). Also, I had other electrical "gremlins" pop up while I had it on that car, so I pulled it off and sent it back to Allstate.

I can't speak as to if those devices affect the Nissan vehicles in the same way, but I didn't want to take the chance, so I leave my OBD2 port alone (and empty).

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is what my OBD2 port looks like on my '16 Versa.
View attachment 18468 View attachment 18468

Yes, there may be an old "insurance tracker" on the vehicle that the previous owner forgot to remove when they sold the car. And yes those things do "beep" from time to time (at least mine did on my old GM car)

Personally, I had electrical issues with the "insurance tracker" in my GM car. Apparently, the device wouldn't let the computer on that car "go to sleep" when I wasn't driving (or so I was told by a mechanic). Also, I had other electrical "gremlins" pop up while I had it on that car, so I pulled it off and sent it back to Allstate.

I can't speak as to if those devices affect the Nissan vehicles in the same way, but I didn't want to take the chance, so I leave my OBD2 port alone (and empty).
Thank you for replying! I'm gonna have to check it when my son gets back with the car and let you guys know. I remember the front of that OBD2 wasn't open to where I can see the front of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts