Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Versa note SV 2016 Engine : Hr16de paired with a CVT :(
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I go about replacing the belt tensioner on the 2016 versa note. I saw a forum post for the 2007 to 2012 versa and you have to takeoff the wheel and the wheel well. Would I do the same thing for a 2016 or is it different. Also does anyone have any temporary fixes until I replace the tensioner for the belt squeal on load at lower RPMs. Its gotten very bad and I have needed to do something about it for a while now.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Most of the auto supply stores carry what the call "belt dressing" which you spray on the belt add to stop slippage and squealing. Its a cheap fix and may quiet the noise until you can get around to replacing the tensioner.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
191 Posts
The 2016 Nissan Versa has a manual belt tensioner. It is probably going to be the belt squealing or the pulley or it may just need to be adjusted.

As far as temporary fixes, many - many years ago I watched my grandfather use an old bar of soap to quiet a noisy fan belt. He rubbed the bar of soap on the fan belt and it stopped squealing. I really don't remember how long that lasted.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's a manual tensioner. You likely need a new belt and the tensioner is fine. There's nothing to wear out on the tensioner other than pulley bearings. Watch youtube tutorials. It's super easy to swap the belt and snug the tensioner.

The continental brand belt I just put on our 2015 Nissan Versa Sedan was $15+ tax and shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts