Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys right now my current tire size is 225/45r17 is there a better size to go with my wheel size?

·
Registered
639 Posts
that sounds like its a little bit to large for your rim size, im running 215/45/17 on my 17x7.5 and they fit perfectly....for you i would say around a 205 would be good for the width of your rim

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
205 or 215/50 all around and you got a nice meaty tire to protect your rims and give you less of a gap between tire and fender.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
that sounds like its a little bit to large for your rim size, im running 215/45/17 on my 17x7.5 and they fit perfectly....for you i would say around a 205 would be good for the width of your rim
You get any rub when turning all the way Note? I'm running 215/50 on the fronts with same width rims and I get a terrible rubbing noise when turning all the way.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You get any rub when turning all the way Note? I'm running 215/50 on the fronts with same width rims and I get a terrible rubbing noise when turning all the way.

No rubbing at all on mine even under full compression, what offset are you running on your rims?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I believe is either +30 or 40. Those are the only two offset they have for the rims in that size I just can't remember which one it is lol.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I believe is either +30 or 40. Those are the only two offset they have for the rims in that size I just can't remember which one it is lol.
Running +42 on my rims, maybe try a different tire size? Might also be that the note has a bigger wheel well too though

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I'm running 225/45R17's on 17x7.5 with a 38mm offset. Stock offset is 42mm, someone correct me if I'm mistaken please.

I have Megan Racing lowering springs and Tokico Blue shocks. after it settled it had dropped at least two inches. Alignment is 0deg toe on the front with at least -2deg camber and at least -2.2deg camber in the rear. Rear toe is still pointed in a bit which is how the car is normally. I also have the little mud flaps put in on the rear of the wheel wells which take up a little bit of space.

With all that said I have no rubbing issues when the wheels are locked out either way nor when the suspension is loaded. I regularly autocross and drive on rough roads with a trunk full of gear weighing it down.

If your looking at 17x7 I'd go with a 205 or 215. If you go over 215 you may have excessive sidewall wear under heaving turning. If you're super unlucky the bead could break.

Another thing to keep in mind is overall diameter. If you go with too big of a sidewall you'll experience slower acceleration but possibly higher fuel economy. If the sidewall is too small you'll get some great acceleration but fuel economy will get destroyed.

I ran 195/50R15's for a bit, along with 185/65r15, and 195/65r15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
kat_hat
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing