1. That seems alot of the times is the intermediate shaft on the steering column. Look under your dash and it's a long bar. Mine has some pink paint on it. I can show you a pick if needed.I have a 2007 Versa S sedan, purchased February of that year.
After 6K miles things began to happen.
1. I have a "binding-clicking" sound coming from steering wheel area when turning - the dealership mechanics say can't hear it or feel it, so nothing is wrong but something is wrong. I guess I must be loosing my mind and feeling in my hands.
I don't care what they say there is a design flaw in the steering arm.
2. Another thing. It sounds like the entire front end is going to fall off when I go over a bump - it doesn't matter if the bump is big or small. The dealership said there was a recall or something last fall and replaced the front suspension and now its worst then before.
Wonder if its the springs??? What a joke!!!!
3. I have replaced my hub caps two'n half times all away around because the little plastic clips which hold the hubcap on the rim break off.
A mechanic at the dealership said they change the plastic formula for the 2008 hub caps (FYI to me).
I tried to have the dealership replace the hubcaps at no avail. Call the corporation, they wasted two weeks to finally tell me "tough-luck".
My opinion is I didn't design those hubcaps and you would think Nissan, who has built millions of cars would know how to design or build a hubcap with plastic clips which wouldn't break after only removing the hubcap once or breaking after hitting a bump. Then have the gull to charge $94.00 hubcap (set of two) which is simply a bad plastic formula - then do nothing about it - customer service????
4. Rear tail light bulb replacement. What a pain. Nissan doesn't tell you that the tail light assemble has "clip" inside the unit, which unit slides into on side of the vehicle - and you have to "pry straight back" on the edge of the assembly to dislodge from the clip device (you feel like the you nearly have to break the assembly before it slides back) - supposedly this is only on the first time after that its easy to remove.
Any comments or suggestions?
2. I'm not familiar with a suspension recall but yeah def check the springs as we have two cases now of broken springs.
3. Buy cheap rims from like an altima or sentra with same lug pattern. I got some with tires for $50 on a local forum. Or maybe use superglue on your hubcaps. JK
4. I have a sedan and have swapped out some of the rear bulbs. I think this must be a hatch issue because they were very easy to change.