Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I took the Versa (now with 55,000 miles on it) to the Splashes car wash. But when I drove away, the airbag light started flashing. Has been flashing ever since. What is wrong and is it an easy fix?

Thanks

PS. Its a 2012 Versa S

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi,

I took the Versa (now with 55,000 miles on it) to the Splashes car wash. But when I drove away, the airbag light started flashing. Has been flashing ever since. What is wrong and is it an easy fix?

Thanks

PS. Its a 2012 Versa S
Got this off another versa forum:

1. Turn the key from off to on(not ACC).

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 secs(1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I tried all that but then I read somewhere that someone had something similiar and it was because one of the seats was unplugged. So I looked under the seats and the passenger seat was unplugged. Light isn't blinking anymore. :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thanks. I tried all that but then I read somewhere that someone had something similiar and it was because one of the seats was unplugged. So I looked under the seats and the passenger seat was unplugged. Light isn't blinking anymore. :)
Awesome, glad you found a solution and posted for us
I may have said it already, but I also had an 88 Crown Vic, but a 302 fleet car, manual windows and locks, no cruise or clock, and an aftermarket radio. Our new Charger takes me back to those days a bit.
Enjoy. 08v

·
Registered
691 Posts
^^^
The Police package has a column mounted shifter. Even more reminiscent eh?

You have a 3.6 Charger don't you? They're generally good motors, lots of power, there was an incident with the heads (valve seats i believe) around your year but only a few.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
^^^
The Police package has a column mounted shifter. Even more reminiscent eh?

You have a 3.6 Charger don't you? They're generally good motors, lots of power, there was an incident with the heads (valve seats i believe) around your year but only a few.
Yes, and I know someone with a 3.6 Avenger. I need to get him to Cayuga Dragway to see who can get their groceries the fastest...

·
Registered
691 Posts
I drove, PDI'ed and detailed those 3.6 Avengers/200's when they first came out when i was working at London City Chrysler, i always thought they'd be a hell of a sleeper as they get old for the enthusiast crowd. 3.6 200S would be like a new Buick Regal GS as far as sleeper status.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this off another versa forum:

1. Turn the key from off to on(not ACC).

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 secs(1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
I second this technique. What actually happened to mine was my passenger seat was unhooked below(wires) i reconnected , still had blinking. But after this method. Nada. I was good .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts