Yup, this did it for my Nissan versa 2015. I unplugged the socket behind the center vent while installing my after market stereo, it started blinking. Did the steps above, I turn off and on maybe 10 time and it finally work.Got this off another versa forum:
1. Turn the key from off to on(not ACC).
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 secs(1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.