Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a versa in the summer, a 2011. i didt get the block heater install, for way too expensive, by the dealer. today i filled my winshield washer, and i notice a plug like if i had a block heater?? how do i know if i have a block heater or not??? cuz it seemed to be pluged into the engine and such.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't think the Versa comes with a block heater or plug for one. Some of us have installed a heating pad that attaches to the bottom of the oil pan or a magnetic type block heater, but nothing from the factory unfortunately. I could be wrong but pretty sure there isn't one from the factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i bought it, they wanted to install 1 for like 500$... but i got a plug in my car... and it looks like its wired to the block at some point. im from canada, winter is real cold here. every model and make comes with a block heater, either as standard or as an option. mine was optional, but seems like i got it for free.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Yeah that plug beside the winshield washer fluid is the block heater. I asked the dealer about it before. Mine has one too. Never used it yet. You will need a special cord to plug it in to though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You will need a special cord to plug it in to though.
Actually it just plugs into a normal extension cord. Unless they were talking about the cord from the block heater itself.

I thought block heaters were standard on all Canadian models? I know when I bought mine the dealer told me it was.

I've used mine a couple times, it does make it easier on the car in really cold conditions, I can't remember the temperature nissan says to plug it in at but this year it has probably only hit that a couple times.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If urs is a canadian model, thats gotta be the plug for the blocker. It comes standard on all nissan model

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Welcome Oliversa! Where ya from? I've never bothered to use my block heater, so far so good. Enjoy nvf!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow I've never even heard of this...(California.) Anyone got pictures? How do you turn it on? Is there a control in the car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts