Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2012 Versa and the blower motor is making a noise, similar to a card in a bicycle wheel. From my research, I’ve decided that it’s likely the blower motor. I have scoured the internet trying to find its location. I know that in older models it’s under the glove box and easy to get to and remove. I’ve pulled the glovebox and I’m not seeing it. Do I have to remove some more pieces, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2012 Versa and the blower motor is making a noise, similar to a card in a bicycle wheel. From my research, I’ve decided that it’s likely the blower motor. I have scoured the internet trying to find its location. I know that in older models it’s under the glove box and easy to get to and remove. I’ve pulled the glovebox and I’m not seeing it. Do I have to remove some more pieces, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for any help!
The blower motor is located on the opposite end of the filter box, steering wheel side. The 2012 versa did not come with a cabin filter installed at the factory. The filter access port is under the glove box side side of the cabin filter housing. I had the same issue regarding the noise, but before I decided to remove the motor, I opened the filter access port, and used a vacuum cleaner attachment to vacuum out the filter box as best I could. Turned out to be a leaf from a tree that had found its way into the filter box. Per the video below, I installed the filter and have not had any more issues. The correct filter does not have a rigid frame, and needs to be compressed like an accordion to fit through the access port. Trying to get the blower motor out is not that easy because of the tight quarters under the dash. Good luck!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Could be something that fell inside the air intake from the windshield wipers or could be bad brushes. Like the guy above said its not easy to get too. You can try replacing the filter and seeing if its full of trash, pine straw, etc. If its got yard waste in there its something hitting the fan. It its clean its likely the brushes are on their way out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts