·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a Search of the forums show a common problem of the blower motor having issues

But I haven't seen my problem come up.
That it won't turn on at all
the AC Compressor kicks on, but no air moving through the vents

Looking at the wiring diagram, that it not working on 4 (High) seems to suggest that something is wrong with the Blower Motor entirely.
I hear the resistor pack has a tendency to go out.
but are their other underlying issues I should look for that might cause my Blower Motor to not run?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so, I got to the blower motor and managed to get it to turn on after giving it a whack.

but I got it out and I didn't see anything physically wrong with it.
I heard a bit a noise before getting it out. Like a low metallic groan that vibrated the dash.

I'm guessing its just a bad blower motor.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Probably, might be resistor pack too though. Mine vibrates at all speeds, figure its a common failure. Could be bad bearings in these blower motors, not sure if they are conventional DC or brushless motors, but if it has brushes those could wear out causing it to not work at all. Any chafed wiring found, short to ground could be. I doubt it's a wiring issue though as Versa's haven't aged enough to develop electrical gremlins caused by repeated contact/rubbing. Though you do get those few cars that slip through QC cracks, or built on a Friday... :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
ok so, I got to the blower motor and managed to get it to turn on after giving it a whack.

but I got it out and I didn't see anything physically wrong with it.
I heard a bit a noise before getting it out. Like a low metallic groan that vibrated the dash.

I'm guessing its just a bad blower motor.
I would check the blower motor enclosure and make sure there is no foreign debris in there like leaves and such. If you have the motor out, I would use some WD40 and spray the motor shaft on both ends if possible. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.