Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feel like my threads and continuous questions are dominating the '12 versa threads, so heres to combining two topics in one!

1. BLUETOOTH kit
so i have the sv, without convience package, and i was considering getting a bluetooth kit for the car, anyone have any suggestions as to any good reasonable pacakages?

2. ACCENT LIGHTS
if youve read my other post, youd know i was planning on get blue LEDs for the footwells and such. but the more and more i sit in the car, the more i feel the blue would clash with the orange lighting thats standard in the car.

so.. any suggestions or "nah dont worry bout it"s? anyone have orange footwells? i dont wanna buy either orange or blue and regret having that color

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i feel like my threads and continuous questions are dominating the '12 versa threads, so heres to combining two topics in one!

1. BLUETOOTH kit
so i have the sv, without convience package, and i was considering getting a bluetooth kit for the car, anyone have any suggestions as to any good reasonable pacakages?

2. ACCENT LIGHTS
if youve read my other post, youd know i was planning on get blue LEDs for the footwells and such. but the more and more i sit in the car, the more i feel the blue would clash with the orange lighting thats standard in the car.

so.. any suggestions or "nah dont worry bout it"s? anyone have orange footwells? i dont wanna buy either orange or blue and regret having that color
Bluetooth kit, Not sure of any good reasonable bluetooth kits...but I would recommend replacing the head unit with a double dim that is bluetooth ready. example this one from bestbuy.com

Accent Lights: uhmmmm.... can't go wrong with blue

Hope that Helps!

:2cents: :2cents:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
As long as you get the right LEDs you won't have to worry about the ugly orange accent lighting coming from the hvac controls and radio. If it's bright enough it will overpower the orange.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as you get the right LEDs you won't have to worry about the ugly orange accent lighting coming from the hvac controls and radio. If it's bright enough it will overpower the orange.
thanks for the pic, helps to see how.. crazy bright your lights are LOL. how do you drive with them on?

also, do you have a blue dome LED? if so, can you still read things using it, like a book or something, or does it only serve a style purpose and fail in the usefulness category?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They're bright but they don't imper me while driving. They actually don't look that bright in person. As for the dome light I haven't switched it yet but when I get around to it, will probably do hyper white instead.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@blu..thanks for the suggestion, that looks like a pretty nice kit, ill look into it man

@red where did u get ur strips from? Any specific brand etc? And also where is it hooked up to?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well I got mine at autozone, they were called Flex LEDs. (2) 12" sticks 20 bucks a pair. Plus I got me a pair of 6" for 15 bucks to illuminate cup holders, all together I spent about 60 bucks cause I also did the back seats. I just hooked them up to the dimmer switch, that way they would come on when headlights were on. So far so good, I've had them for over six months and haven't had an issue with them. It sure beats 200 bucks for the OEM kit from nissan which are only for the front.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O nice u did your cupholders? As in set the strip around the inside as a ring, or just a single bulb? Do u hv a tutorial up on how you did the cupholders?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
No, I didn't go into it that detailed. I just used the whole 6" strip and put it on the bottom side of the hvac control panel where the center console ends. It's the really bright strip you see on the above picture, I moved it so it wouldn't be so visible anymore though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh gotcha thand that's also comes up to your dimmer switch. The only thing is, on the 2012 sedan, the gauges are always lit up, even without headlights, so I hope if I hook it to the dimmer it be on the whole time, gotta test it

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well i'm not an expert but I think that as long as you hook it to the dimmer it should be fine cause I think dimmer only becomes functional when headlights are on. That's how my V is, cluster lights are on at all times.

·
Registered
613 Posts
the blue lighting doesnt seem to clash with the orange for the rest of the car, at least i dont seem to mind it :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
i got some LEDs for the dome and map lights. They're "cool white" and insanely bright. was gonna put some LED smd boards under the dash for more light, but with just the dome it lights up a lot. I got them from superbrightleds.com really good pricing too. best I could find anyway.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My versa had the orange lighting as well. But mine came with the Accent kit from the dealer, and honestly, I always left it on blue. It was rare that it wasnt on blue. Normally my girlfriends would change the colors to pink and purple and all those great colors, lol!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
My versa had the orange lighting as well. But mine came with the Accent kit from the dealer, and honestly, I always left it on blue. It was rare that it wasnt on blue. Normally my girlfriends would change the colors to pink and purple and all those great colors, lol!!
haha im glad mine was only blue :p wouldn't want the gf to change it to pink lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Worth noting that blue and orange are complimentary colors, they don't clash, they go great together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I got mine at autozone, they were called Flex LEDs. (2) 12" sticks 20 bucks a pair. Plus I got me a pair of 6" for 15 bucks to illuminate cup holders, all together I spent about 60 bucks cause I also did the back seats. I just hooked them up to the dimmer switch, that way they would come on when headlights were on. So far so good, I've had them for over six months and haven't had an issue with them. It sure beats 200 bucks for the OEM kit from nissan which are only for the front.
i have the exact same thing in my car. but I have Neon tubes in the back and the led strips in the front. my are hooked up in to the cigarette lighter with a blue adapter.

I really need to take pics and post lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts