Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My bluetooth icon (on/off) was active now it's not hilightend that means I can't put the bluetooth on..can someone help.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Bonny,

I'm afraid I don't really understand your question. Chances are good we have different radios, it might help if you clarify what year/model your car is and which radio you have since there were two or three different radios these cars come with depending on the trim level.

Have you checked the user manual? If you no longer have the paper copy you can view/download it for free from nissan, just search for [year] [make] [model] user manual. Nissan also has a number of videos on youtube showing how to use various features of different stock radios so you might find those with the same google search.

If you still need help then let us know the year and which radio and somebody with the same setup might be able to chime in and help. Your radio sounds different than mine as I don't think I have a bluetooth icon of any sort.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Icon

In the upper right hand corner (by the clock) is a bluetooth symbol. This is on my 16 Note SV. Mine is always on and I have no idea how to turn it off or on.

Sorry not really much help.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the message Bonny I am going to reply here in case it can help others someday down the road.

So Bonny has got a 2008 versa hatchback, so now that we know that we can find your user manual here:
https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/VersaHatchback/2008/2008-VersaHatchback-owner-manual.pdf

I read through the bluetooth section, pages 4-29 through 4-41 and annoyingly enough on page 4-41 they tell you how to turn it off but not how to turn it back on again :sosp:

Now this radio is different than the one in my 2016 sedan so until someone with a 2008 or similar chimes in here all I can do is read to you from that manual, and throw in my 2 cents.

The fact that they do not give a specific procedure for turning the bluetooth system back on makes me think using the "bluetooth off" command is only temporary, maybe until the next time you shut the car off. Perhaps the bluetooth icon is not off because of the system being disabled, perhaps the icon is off because your old phone is gone. Does that make sense? The bluetooth symbol on my radio does not show up if my phone is not present but the bluetooth system is still activated, just not connected to any phones.

Lets assume my theory is correct and that your bluetooth system is actually still active and looking for your old phone. Does anything happen when you press then call button on the wheel? The ignition will have to be on of course but engine does not have to be started.

So press the call button and try to get the voice control take you to "Setup". It will probably complain in some way since the old phone is missing, but you want to get to "Setup". Once you get the evil voice control thing to the setup menu you should first delete all old phones out of the system, so you say "delete phone" and when it asks if you want to delete all phones say "Yes". If you don't clear out the old phones you might have minor issues down the road with old garbage stored from old phonebooks and trying to pair to phones that are gone forever.

Once you have gotten her to delete all old phones, your next command to her needs to be "Pair Phone". (You still have to be in the voice control setup menu for this, so return to setup if you get kicked back to the main menu after deleting old phones). After you say "Pair Phone" it will ask you something about whether to pair a new phone and you will have to say "New Phone" and follow the voice instructions from there. Keep your phone unlocked and ready on the bluetooth menu to make this easier.

Your whole conversation with the car should go like this:

<you> -> Press the call button
<car> -> (will complain about missing phone or something and ask what you want to do)
<you> -> say "setup"
<car> -> (will go into setup menu and start listing all the setup options, then ask you for another command)
<you> -> say "delete phone"
<car> -> (will list the old phones, then ask if you want to delete one or all)
<you> -> say "all phones" or whatever the command is to delete all old phones
<car> -> (will erase all old phones and their contacts from memory, then either go back to setup or main menu)
<you> -> go back to "setup" menu if she took you to main menu, otherwise skip this if you are still in setup menu
<you> -> say "pair phone"
<car> -> (will enter pairing mode and ask a dumb redundant question about what you want to do)
<you> -> say "new phone"
<car> -> car will give you instructions from here, open bluetooth menu on your phone and select your car to start pairing
follow the rest of the car's voice instructions from here.

Its a pain in the butt but you can do it, good luck! :thumb2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Bonny W
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing