Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got them replaced at the Valvoline instant Oil change $29.99

the bigger blade was $20.99 Provalvoline blade, and the smaller blade was $10.00 dollars called clearplus.

One had to be replaced today (at no charge) because the big one came off,
it was improperly installed or was a bad blade, probably a bad one because it started making a flapping noise and then broke off.
I was just cleaning my windshield and poooof!!
Good thing it didn't happen while driving on the hwy during a big storm with winds up
40MPH. (that's what we got yesterday morning)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got them replaced at the Valvoline instant Oil change $29.99

the bigger blade was $20.99 Provalvoline blade, and the smaller blade was $10.00 dollars called clearplus.

One had to be replaced today (at no charge) because the big one came off,
it was improperly installed or was a bad blade, probably a bad one because it started making a flapping noise and then broke off.
I was just cleaning my windshield and poooof!!
Good thing it didn't happen while driving on the hwy during a big storm with winds up
40MPH. (that's what we got yesterday morning)
oh, good deal man!

man that sucks that one of them broke though, alteast they didn't charge you for replacing though. haha man that would have sucked if it had broke during a big storm!

·
Registered
867 Posts
As a handy hint, next time you wash your car, pull out the old tin of polish and give her a quick coat (the windshield)

Your rubbers last longer and the rain beads off just nicely.

If you're keen, you can get some fantastic glass polishes as well, but they are much like car polish themselves.

(NB: DO NOT use cut and polish! Just normal polish!)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha man that would have sucked if it had broke during a big storm!
HAHA and that would be my luck!
then I would have to pull over and wait till its over Rolling on the Floor

As a handy hint, next time you wash your car, pull out the old tin of polish and give her a quick coat (the windshield)

Your rubbers last longer and the rain beads off just nicely.

If you're keen, you can get some fantastic glass polishes as well, but they are much like car polish themselves.

(NB: DO NOT use cut and polish! Just normal polish!)
Kool,
I used to use rain X windshield treatment on my older car and sometimes I didn't even have to turn the wipers on

then I started having real bad car problems, I fixed something then something else broke, so I didn't have the time to wax my windshield =( LOL

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My Versa on the high way @55MPH

This is what my Versa sounds like on the highway
Listening to wind noise, engine noise, road noise, cars passing noise, bumps noise, Dash noise ect.. everything sounds okay?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sounds ok. Ill have to try mine out one day.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Sounds good here.
No snow tire hum?:D
Wife and I thinking of driving V to Nashville for holiday.
We're both musicians, so there must be lots to see and do there!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds ok. Ill have to try mine out one day.
I think sounds okay too. I was pointing at the dash to hear any noise, but its best to do it when there's no traffic. 55MPH highway no traffic, pretty safe
ohh,
I can film when I'm riding my road bike at 32MPH LOL
the people on the side made me slow down because the speed limit at the cades cove loop is actually 15MPH
Anyway...
it doesn't have anything to do with road noise and a nissan versa but I was using the same camera :sifone:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sounds good here.
No snow tire hum?:D
Wife and I thinking of driving V to Nashville for holiday.
We're both musicians, so there must be lots to see and do there!
uhmm. no I do not have snow tires installed, we do get a lot of cold temperatures but doesn't snow that much. but when it snows, the clouds keep the temperature in the mid 30F so the snow doesn't stick for too long.
then when the sky clears again, the temperature drops in the 10s

Nashville
Not too familiar with Nashville but people in Tennessee listen to a lot of country music and there are a lot of Elvis Presley fans especially in Gatlinburg, TN
Elvis and his parents moved to Memphis, Tennessee, in 1948

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
uhmm. no I do not have snow tires installed, we do get a lot of cold temperatures but doesn't snow that much. but when it snows, the clouds keep the temperature in the mid 30F so the snow doesn't stick for too long.
then when the sky clears again, the temperature drops in the 10s

Nashville
Not too familiar with Nashville but people in Tennessee listen to a lot of country music and there are a lot of Elvis Presley fans especially in Gatlinburg, TN
Elvis and his parents moved to Memphis, Tennessee, in 1948
Thx. Good to know! Not much for country music, but if it's a live band, I'll listen to anything.
JK on snow tires:D:biggrinjester: Had relative in west end of S Carolina. Would occasionally get freezing rain. End of street to main road was uphill with ice so everyone stayed home. Snow won't slow me down much, but ice?...Snuggle up to generator!:doh:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx. Good to know! Not much for country music, but if it's a live band, I'll listen to anything.
JK on snow tires:D:biggrinjester: Had relative in west end of S Carolina. Would occasionally get freezing rain. End of street to main road was uphill with ice so everyone stayed home. Snow won't slow me down much, but ice?...Snuggle up to generator!:doh:
oh yeah, forgot about the ice, we do get ice and black ice on the road and sometimes a few fridges freeze overnight.
temperatures stay in the 40s mid 30F with rain at night, Later the rain goes away, the sky clears up, cold front kicks in and freezes the road.
ohh,
if you like peaceful quiet, no stress, hiking, country living You should Visit Gatlinburg and pigeon Forge and stay in a cabin in the smoky moutains =) That's where we are having little family gettogether after Christmas this year :cheers2:
www.mypigeonforge.com <~~LinK

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 22 Posts