Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Wasaga Beach, it wasn't packed since its Monday. It was peaceful laying in the sand :D
On that note about beaches, I'm sad that the gulf coast is absolutely ruined due to the BP oil spill here in the Gulf of Mexico and now no one can enjoy the wonderful summer weather :(

It's also very sad here in LA especially because the economy as a whole is suffering due to a proposal for a 6 month moratorium on fishing and drilling, as well as tourism being depleted because of the lack of desire people have to come to the Gulf coast at all..

Sorry about the negativity, it just sucks because I really wanted to go to the beach for summer vacation lol

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
BP is ridiculous. A multi billion dollar company that isnt prepared for such a thing. As if they don't think of what could happen rather than nothing will ever happen. I'd hate to be the piping engineer responsible for that shit.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BP is ridiculous. A multi billion dollar company that isnt prepared for such a thing. As if they don't think of what could happen rather than nothing will ever happen. I'd hate to be the piping engineer responsible for that shit.
Yeah...its a HUGE mess down here...it just sucks because they DIDN'T prepare for such a catastrophe...when it has happend in history plenty of times. It's just a sad case for the wetlands, wildlife, and coasts. And I'm not an animal rights activist/environmentalist and I feel bad.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yeah...its a HUGE mess down here...it just sucks because they DIDN'T prepare for such a catastrophe...when it has happend in history plenty of times. It's just a sad case for the wetlands, wildlife, and coasts. And I'm not an animal rights activist/environmentalist and I feel bad.
Did ya watch Anderson Cooper's rant on how the Coast Guard wants to block the media from getting footage and info about the spill?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Beaches in Cancun haven't been affected. I just got back from there :). Does suck for the US. The affects will trickle down to almost everyone in the nation one way or another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts