Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2014 Versa Note S Plus
177 Posts
I follow the owner's manual and change the brake fluid every 20,000 miles or 24 months. It's certainly the most frequent interval I've experienced; my 2003, 2008, and 2016 Accords required brake fluid changes every 3 years regardless of mileage. It's a pain to change the brake fluid so often since I change it myself using the drip method, which takes all day but I follow the owner's manual for all general maintenance.

What's really odd is my wife's 2015 Kia Soul (and my 2000 Toyota Camry). The owner's manual for both cars do not specify any brake fluid change interval. The Soul's manual just states to have the brake fluid visually inspected every 7.500 miles or 6 months. I have called Kia corporate several times but they transfer me to a local dealer each time, and I don't trust the dealer since they're just looking to make $$$. The Camry's maintenance manual does not mention changing/replacing or even inspecting the brake fluid at all, which is even more bizarre. I could've swore the Camry's manual mentioned brake fluid change intervals but I checked it just now and it turns out it doesn't state an interval.

I find it hard to believe that the brake fluid lasts the life of the car (i.e. never needs to be replaced) so, for the Soul, I will go with the least frequent change intervals I have encountered with any of my cars, which is every 3 years based on the Accord's intervals.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.