Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I was driving and had someone tell me my brake lights were out. This is on my 2015 Versa Note SV.

I went home, checked all of the fuses, no issues. The switch plug has power so that was clear. After unplugging and calling around for a new switch, we plugged it back in. The brake lights work again. Has anyone had this issue before? Is this a sign that the switch needs replaced? What could cause this? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
698 Posts
So the other day I was driving and had someone tell me my brake lights were out. This is on my 2015 Versa Note SV.

I went home, checked all of the fuses, no issues. The switch plug has power so that was clear. After unplugging and calling around for a new switch, we plugged it back in. The brake lights work again. Has anyone had this issue before? Is this a sign that the switch needs replaced? What could cause this? Thanks for any help.
I would just keep an eye on it for a while before changing out the switch. I usually have a can of "electrical contact cleaner" on hand just for such events. Sometimes, with fuses, the contacts will be come oxidized, and fail to make the connection. The contact cleaner has saved the day on a number of occasions.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I was poking around under the hood and popped my brake light fuse. Turns out its in the box under the hood. Googling it sounds like its common to pop and someone suggested using a larger size by 5 amps.

On a side note saw my defroster fuse was blown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, so far so good. I haven't had any issues since Saturday. Still keeping an eye on it for now. Thanks for the responses so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After 2 months the brakes now work intermittently. Sometimes they can work the whole day. Other times, not for an extended period. So, I think I am gonna replace the brake switch and see if that helps. If not, I'll have to have someone take a look. I don't know what else it could be.

·
Registered
698 Posts
After 2 months the brakes now work intermittently. Sometimes they can work the whole day. Other times, not for an extended period. So, I think I am gonna replace the brake switch and see if that helps. If not, I'll have to have someone take a look. I don't know what else it could be.
Sounds like a plan............start with the basics and work up from there if need be. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts