Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I am new here. I joined back in December, but haven't posted anything until now. I have a 2012 Nissan Versa sedan SV and I have been having brake issues with it. There are two noises. One I think is coming from the front and one from the back.

The rear brakes noises are going to get fixed by Nissan under a warranty. Nissan is going to replace my brake shoes/drums (TSB), but the noise that is coming from the front cannot be located. To fix it, they resurfaced my rotors and "cleaned" my pads, but that noise came back 4 days after that and now I am down $150 with a continuous problem.

Here is a video of the noise, can anyone help to try and help me what is making the sound?

The noise happens when I apply the brakes. Nissan told me that it was because of heavy braking that my from rotor was getting hot, but after the noise happened again, I haven't driven that car in two days and after it happened again, I only went four miles down the road and slowly applied the brakes and the noise started all over again.

Here is video of the sound. happens at around 00:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oQlN_LUwlU

·
Registered
639 Posts
if it's the noise im thinking of then it caused by a build up of brake dust in the calipers and can be easily fixed by just taking it to a car wash with a pressure washer and spraying out the calipers, im at work right now so can not watch the clip you linked to so this is my best guess at the moment. just so you know i have had the issue with brake noise also and every time that it happens i do the same thing as described above and it takes care of it no problem, havent had any issues with the rear drums so i cant say anything about that. I'm planning on switching out to slotted rotors as soon as they are available though which should solve the brake dust build up problem, as far as the brake dust build up though, it shouldnt affect the performance of the brakes so i wouldnt be to worried about that, just make sure and keep the calipers clean and you should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Note-ified
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing