Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a fix or heard any info from Nissan on this issue?
I have a 2007 Versa that does NOT do this but the 2010 Versa I just purchased has a vibrating (pulsing) brake pedal when I am stopped in gear and have my foot on the pedal. You can actually hear it chattering. Putting the car in neutral will stop the vibration completely.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
this is an odd problem. If it doesn't do it in neutral but does it in gear it would seem to be a transmission issue. Maybe just a clutch issue. What did the dealer say about it? Keep us updated.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah my CVT does this as well, it's even worse when I activate electronics, etc, probably a different vibration. I am going to get things checked out by Nissan at some point.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Check the motor mounts...
First thing I thought when I started reading!

I know the car seems too new, but I'd still check the mounts. It sounds like it to me, this is what our Astro did and it needed a new transmission mount and one of the motor mounts.

·
Registered
377 Posts
What's involved in checking them anyway?

EDIT:
Engine mounts seem easy enough to check but the transmission mounts?!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
rock the whole engine manually front to back, listening/feeling for any clunks/sloppiness. Compare to another V if u can, or ask a mechanic to take a minute to check for ya

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Has anyone had a fix or heard any info from Nissan on this issue?
I have a 2007 Versa that does NOT do this but the 2010 Versa I just purchased has a vibrating (pulsing) brake pedal when I am stopped in gear and have my foot on the pedal. You can actually hear it chattering. Putting the car in neutral will stop the vibration completely.

Thanks
Ok A litttle self diagnosis found the issue. Its the idle speed of my 2010 Versa vs the 2007. When in D with my foot on the brake, my 2010 idles at 600 RPM. My 2007 idles at 800-850. The low idle speed is definitly causing the vibration. If I increase RPM on my 2010 to 800 RPM while holding brake pedal down the brake pedal vibration stops. Anyone know how to adjust idle on the Versa?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.