Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a brand new 2015 versa
note sl and when I press on the brake going at highway speed 60+ mph I hear a squeal from the passenger side rear of my car has anyone here had this issue? I scheduled an appointment to get it looked at just curious as to what might be going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, the friction material is likely to blame. We had this on our two 2014 project cars. It can go from a squeak to a deep sounding horn depending on if the brakes are wet and dry. Two visits to the dealership resulted in them saying everything is fine.

When you visit the dealership and they say everything is fine visually. Ask them to tighten up the rear brakes. We found that there was a lot of travel in that need to happen in the rear before the brakes made contact. Once you tighten it up the offending fiction material will get worn away. It solved the issue on both project cars.

We notified the factory but we got no response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the feedback. Glad to her it wasn't only me and that it isn't a big issue I hate haVing to go without my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No problem :) Any time !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, the friction material is likely to blame. We had this on our two 2014 project cars. It can go from a squeak to a deep sounding horn depending on if the brakes are wet and dry. Two visits to the dealership resulted in them saying everything is fine.

When you visit the dealership and they say everything is fine visually. Ask them to tighten up the rear brakes. We found that there was a lot of travel in that need to happen in the rear before the brakes made contact. Once you tighten it up the offending fiction material will get worn away. It solved the issue on both project cars.

We notified the factory but we got no response.
It worked for me too. Thanks for sharing that info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
harryroy125
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing