Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Jiffy lube 2 days ago and the guy told me I needed 3 brake lights for they were all burned out. I needed tires so I went right up the street to Tires Plus. They told me I only neede one bulb and the other 2 were working. I purchased that and was on my way. This morning 2 days later I wake up to a dead battery. I bring it to Auto Zone they inform me the battery is shot they give me a new one since it’ only 1 year old. I asked the guy to check my brake lights and he says they’re all out and nit working. Back to Auto Zone I go, where I was 2 days ago. After an hour wait they inform me that they “Ckeaned” the sensors and all was good. I pull out of there and 2 miles up the road I notice the car won’t go over 25 mph and the brake pedal will barely move. I’m 2 miles back to the shop or 1 mile from home.
I hobble home and then there’s smoke coming out of the wheel wells. I called Tires Pkus and they’re sending a tow truck. In between waiting for the tow truck ( 5 hours) I went back to the car and the brake pedal was normal . I took a spin around my neighborhood but never went over 15 miles an hour and brake pedal stayed normal. What could they have done to screw my car up so badly.?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
939 Posts
What it could be can't say but a good guess might be to look at the brake pedal area and where the switch goes that works the lights. When low class techs mess with things they cannot fathom then there is no telling what they could have rigged there. The mention of 'sensors' is likely your key to incompetency or outright lying there, I strongly suggest you take the car somewhere else, they obviously cannot do more than screw the car up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If the brakes are smoking, that usually indicates a stuck caliper, or shifted pad/shoe.

I don't remember if the brake light switch is in front of or behind the brake pedal, but if it is in front, they could have either put in the wrong switch, or it is improperly adjusted forcing the brakes to stay on.

I would find a more competent mechanic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Keith Wagner
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing