Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that it feels easier to depress the brake pedal than before. Before the pedal pushed back at about 3/4 (4/4 meaning it pushes back almost instantly when pressing down), and now it feels like it is until half way in then I feel resistance.

I have also noticed that when I'm pressing down on the brakes, it makes a weird wheezing/hissing sound. Sounds almost like the noise you get by using the bike air pump without attaching anything, except it's in a hollow container.

Here's a vid of the noise I'm talking about, you might need to increase your volume to hear it well. https://youtu.be/tkL7TtKKDl0

What do you guys think?

P.S. It's summer/spring time now so the temperature outside is in the 70-90F.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds like the power brake booster making that noise. If it was going bad, the pedal would be firmer(harder to push), and the engine wouldn't want to idle properly(vacuum leak).

As for the lower pedal, it could be:
Brakes are worn
Master Cylinder starting to fail
Leak at a caliper or wheel cylinder seal

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the power brake booster making that noise. If it was going bad, the pedal would be firmer(harder to push), and the engine wouldn't want to idle properly(vacuum leak).

As for the lower pedal, it could be:
Brakes are worn
Master Cylinder starting to fail
Leak at a caliper or wheel cylinder seal
Is it supposed to make that noise?
I just got my brakes and rotors replaced several months ago, so it can't be worn that fast right?
How can I check if master cylinder is failing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts