Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Versa Note and the headlights are a little too dim for me at night. Any suggestions for which bulbs might help yet not be so hot they affect the wiring connection? Is it possible to have a bulb that draws too much wattage? The car is still under warranty so I don't want to modify it with a HID setup.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a 2016 Versa Note and the headlights are a little too dim for me at night. Any suggestions for which bulbs might help yet not be so hot they affect the wiring connection? Is it possible to have a bulb that draws too much wattage? The car is still under warranty so I don't want to modify it with a HID setup.
Bulbs come in all shapes and sizes, and the same goes for wattage and heat generation. Too much wattage or heat, and the socket or wiring will melt causing damage. Possibly some of the other posters will have some suggestions regarding an acceptable alternative to your stock setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also frustrated by the low output of the stock headlights, a quick look online and I am finding 'upgrade' lamps are all 65 watt, anyone know what the wattage is on OEM lamps? Also seeing LED headlamps, has anyone tried them in their Versa?
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hated the stock Headlight bulbs, I replaced it with LED Bulbs.

Working pretty well but the down side is, it's not so efficient as it's fitted with Projector lens while stock assembly has the reflector. If you don't adjust it well, it will actually blind the on-coming traffic, trust me I tested myself & I had a heavy headache till I fall sleep that day & I adjusted it to very low.

Regards,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I didn't want to bother with a LED upgrade so got these, pretty happy with them for the price.
Heh, those are the same kind I got! Those Xtreme Visions were $33 on eBay. It finally got warm enough for me to work on my Note yesterday and there's a great improvement! A much brighter beam and the objects you do see are much clearer. I would suggest that folks try this before getting LEDs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually bought some dirt cheap H4 LED bulbs on eBay back in 2017 and put them in my 2011 Versa and wow they are nice and bright and they still work to this day so yeah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Blake Lang
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing