Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Hatchback CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all, longtime lurker first-time poster. As the title suggests, I broke the terminal on the ground wire for my 2015 hatchback (CVT if that makes a difference). I was loosening the bolt to get it off the battery, and some age/corrosion must have made the bolt area brittle.

Before I broke it, it would slow crank and barely start, now it doesn't even crank. Would y'all happen to know how I should go about replacing the terminal or servicing this issue?

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Pic for reference

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Versa Note
28 Posts
define what you mean by terminal..
did you break the ring off the wire? the post on the battery? etc?
a picture would help massively lol: your solution may be to pick up a terminal from walmart or to do some wiring work or to special order an oem part

·
Registered
2015 Hatchback CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
define what you mean by terminal..
did you break the ring off the wire? the post on the battery? etc?
a picture would help massively lol: your solution may be to pick up a terminal from walmart or to do some wiring work or to special order an oem part
My b, should have been more specific. I meant that the ring that goes around the post had fractured. I Just added a photo for reference.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Versa Note
28 Posts
My b, should have been more specific. I meant that the ring that goes around the post had fractured. I Just added a photo for reference.
you MAY be able to pick up a terminal from walmart or an auto parts store and see if the connectors fit- worst case scenario they don't and you're out $5-$10.
if you wanna play it safe or the walmart terminal doesn't work then you'll have to pick up an oem terminal which may be costly
i would seriously test a walmart/autozone terminal though

it's hard to give a 100% because the pic shows that yes it is broken but not if certain crucial parts are broken..i'm just handicapped like that

·
Registered
2015 Hatchback CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you MAY be able to pick up a terminal from walmart or an auto parts store and see if the connectors fit- worst case scenario they don't and you're out $5-$10.
if you wanna play it safe or the walmart terminal doesn't work then you'll have to pick up an oem terminal which may be costly
i would seriously test a walmart/autozone terminal though

it's hard to give a 100% because the pic shows that yes it is broken but not if certain crucial parts are broken..i'm just handicapped like that
Thank you! I picked up a new terminal from Advance earlier today, but it got too late to work on it, so I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
2007 Versa s hatch 6spd
32 Posts
It should work fine if you bought one that looks the same. It can be a pain to get it off the fuse block so definitely soak the bolt in penetrant I picked up my replacement from my local advanced. The quality of the metal they use for the terminals is crap. This was one of the first issues I resolved when I noticed the car would intermittently not want to start. Ive run into the same issue on a 2012 sedan owned by a friend and a 2014 note my ex had.

·
Registered
2015 Hatchback CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It should work fine if you bought one that looks the same. It can be a pain to get it off the fuse block so definitely soak the bolt in penetrant I picked up my replacement from my local advanced. The quality of the metal they use for the terminals is crap. This was one of the first issues I resolved when I noticed the car would intermittently not want to start. Ive run into the same issue on a 2012 sedan owned by a friend and a 2014 note my ex had.
Thank you! Yeah I’ll definitely be giving it another attempt after plenty of penetrant. That sucker’s on tight! I got the car to start again, thank God. The original terminal connector’s just a little too loose to be safe.

·
Registered
2007 Versa s hatch 6spd
32 Posts
Yes definitely let it soak a while. I thought it was going to break before it gave. If you have issues with the one you purchased let me know and I can snap a picture mine for reference. Should be the same part

·
Registered
2015 Hatchback CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes definitely let it soak a while. I thought it was going to break before it gave. If you have issues with the one you purchased let me know and I can snap a picture mine for reference. Should be the same part
Thank you for the advice! I still need to give it a shot, but if I run into any trouble, I'll definitely reach back out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts