Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone have any experience, know how, how to instructions, advice or something on replacing a burnt out rear brake light bulb. Drivers side if it matters.

Thank you

·
Registered
294 Posts
i've done this several times because i would always smoke my lights, then i blacked them out, then i changed them to after markets and then changed about 2 burnt out tail lights.
Not hard at all!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've done this several times because i would always smoke my lights, then i blacked them out, then i changed them to after markets and then changed about 2 burnt out tail lights.
Not hard at all!!!
Okay, I'm not super mechanically oriented but can figure things out with some guidance.

What tools would I need, and how would I go about it?

What should I be careful of doing and well not do. haha

Anyone else if you have some input join in.

Thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that will be great. Look forward to it tomorrow/today. jeez it's late have a good night I need to get to bed haha

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Are you looking to replace your amber bulbs? I have a sedan and someone said the steps are different but you have to pull the housing, and then replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope Drivers Side Brake Light, the tail light still works light when you turn on the lights it will still light up. But when you hit the brakes the drivers side doesn't get brighter

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea my issue is how to remove the tail light assembly.

I figured it was just a burnt out wear and tear. But I have heard it can be a bit complicated for the hatch or any.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Remove the 2 larger pop out body panels located on the rear on the trunk deck.

Chase down the 2 bolts (10mm) and remove them. One has a plastic clip for a wiring harness on it. Easily removed.

Next, grasp the tail light and pull backwards HARD. There's a plastic clip at the front of the reflector on the side of the car. It's very difficult, and you will feel like its gonna break, but it won't unless you pull sideways at the same time.

The top light is the brake light.

I've seen this written the same way by other ppl, but man, you really have to tug hard.

Here's a picture of the clip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A tag along question to this. Has anyone else had an issue with using LED bulbs as brake lights? The issue that I was having, was that when I braked, all the running lights would also come on as long as I held the brake.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Greetings guys and gals out there. Supposed i was planning to create a new thread for this but it seemed noone will gonna pay attention to it so i decided to post here even it its posted years long. I apologize for that anyway. Just badly need some assistance. Got replaced the tailight as well as the tailight cover many times but it seems it always burnt out. everytime im doing this, i tried different brands.Also, I used some dielectric greese on the socket but the problem keeps on taking place. What's wrong with my car. Isn't the bulb of the tailight cover im putting on. Please help. I know im idiot when it comes to cars and the only way to solved this problem is to ask for help. Thanks a lot for any help.

Tail light cover

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hmm, make sure your not touching the bulb while replacing. Other than that, I'm not sure. If mine kept going I would definitely go with LED. Superbrightleds.com has a great warranty. If you blow those out, which I doubt, they will replace them for free. But the real benefit is they won't burn out like traditional bulbs. If the LED's continuously go, then I'd start getting Nissan involved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question about the bolt that is easily remove on the tail light assembly...how do you get it out??? " Chase down the 2 bolts (10mm) and remove them. One has a plastic clip for a wiring harness on it. Easily removed."I have been trying for over 45 minutes and can't the little plastic cover off , is there some trip to this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you please tell me what the part number for this bulb looks like e.g...... 12498LLB2 ? There are so many bulbs. Also, from the comment above, do I pull out the plastic clip or just the entire tail light assembly ?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Could you please tell me what the part number for this bulb looks like e.g...... 12498LLB2 ? There are so many bulbs. Also, from the comment above, do I pull out the plastic clip or just the entire tail light assembly ?
This is an old thread. Why don't you start a new one, year and model of your vehicle, and I am sure you will get some help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts