Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 09 Versa Hatchback and was wondering which types of CDs the radio (CY04E) can take.

I have burned songs onto a CD-R disc that my car doesn't seem to accept. I can force the disc all the way in the player but nothing happens. The radio does not take it in and spit it out, it just does nothing.

I have burned music to a DVD but only as storage which clearly did not go well with the radio either.
Both times I burned as an Audio CD, once with iTunes and once with Windows Media Player.

A disc I have that was purchased as an album goes into the radio with ease and works perfectly fine.

Is there something clear that I am missing here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 09 Versa Hatchback and was wondering which types of CDs the radio (CY04E) can take.

I have burned songs onto a CD-R disc that my car doesn't seem to accept. I can force the disc all the way in the player but nothing happens. The radio does not take it in and spit it out, it just does nothing.

I have burned music to a DVD but only as storage which clearly did not go well with the radio either.
Both times I burned as an Audio CD, once with iTunes and once with Windows Media Player.

A disc I have that was purchased as an album goes into the radio with ease and works perfectly fine.

Is there something clear that I am missing here?
Welcome to the forum ;)

There is little information concerning your specific radio when I ask Google. I did come across a few similar topics where burning at a slower speed seemed to work (as in 24x instead of 48-50x).
It also appears the radio should accept CD-R and CD-RW (formatted/erased before burning of course) adn burned as audio CDs.
There could also be an issue with the size and brand of CD you are using.
We have a 2008 but I've never attempted to play a burned CD in it. I'ver got some blank CD-Rs lying around, but at $1 a pop, I'll wait a few days for others to chime in before I consider experimenting ;)

Good luck :smile

1 - 2 of 2 Posts