Nissan Versa Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2008 Nissan Versa hatchback also and I was told the same thing. The bushing in the sub-frame has gone bad and you cant replace just the bushing you have to buy a new sub-frame for $700. plus another $500. for them to put it in. I love the car but I bought it used with one previous owner and I've had to replace the front springs because one broke and the control arms due to a bad ball joint. Now a sub-frame.
there is a recall on front springs,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 1.8 versa took it in said same thing sub frame bushing are bad wanted 900 so took it home ordered the bushing online to a little bit to do but cost was 120 and I did not have to replace to hole sub frame as it was in good condition that was about 15k ago and running good

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can leave the rack bolted in and unbolt it at the shaft as mentioned if you are struggling with the mount bolts. If you do unbolt the shaft, make sure you secure the steering wheel to keep it from moving. Not only to try to get it lined up again, but because if it spins around, which it might try to do once free, you can break the clock spring/spriral cable in the steering wheel when you put it back together and do your first parking lot maneuver. You know if you did it because your airbag light will come on.

Not all vehicle have anything to line up the subframe when you put them back in. I don't believe any Nissan's do. An alignment should be done after it is put back in even if you think you can get it right back where it was.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

41 - 43 of 43 Posts