Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. I have a 2009 versa with 79000 mile on it and it runs great with the 4 speed auto. I'm looking to purchase a 2015 SV with 33000 miles for 11500 but I just found about about the CVT problems . I like to hold onto my cars and I does not seem like this is a good car to put over 100,000 mile on it .Anyone think I should just look at another brand ? I'm keeping the 2009 for me and new one for wife .
Thanks Everyone !!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't know where you live but I would check Kelly Blue Book on that price.....seems a bit high. Yes the CVT's seem to be a problem. Should be a factory transferable warranty until 60,000miles on the CVT.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Let's see, 2015 CVT model with 33k miles, so it is right at the end of the warranty. Looks like somebody wants to get rid of it while it is not too late...

·
Registered
939 Posts
A few CVT last but not many and it seems due to capricious chance rather than to any real maintenance kept up with. Nissan needs to suffer over them and you can now or later, when it will have impacted you likely worse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seems high

Just got a note from my dealer they want to give me ONLY $5635 for my 2015 Versa Note SV I have 35898 miles on it. So that Price seems WAY high. Granted 5635 sucks. I traded in my 2008 Honda fit 80K mile when I bought this car. Is the resale value that bad. My Honda was 7 years old and I got 6 grand for it.

WHAT problem with CVT?? Now you have me scared about my car.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just got a note from my dealer they want to give me ONLY $5635 for my 2015 Versa Note SV I have 35898 miles on it. So that Price seems WAY high. Granted 5635 sucks. I traded in my 2008 Honda fit 80K mile when I bought this car. Is the resale value that bad. My Honda was 7 years old and I got 6 grand for it.

WHAT problem with CVT?? Now you have me scared about my car.
I would not consider buying ANY Nissan vehicle with a CVT transmission. You are talking about a component that has given Nissan a black eye when it comes to longevity, and they seem to be fine with it. I have a 2012 Versa sedan, drive like a little old lady and had just a about 12,000 miles on the car when the CVT went south. Car started jerking when stopped at a light or stop sign, and the check engine light was on. Car was still under warranty, took it to the dealer, and they diagnosed the problem in about 30 minutes. Instead of fixing the transmission in the car, Nissan directed the dealership to replace the entire transmission with a "new"one. Seems that Nissan has had so many issues with the CVTs that they have new or rebuilt units stockpiled for delivery when needed. To show you how much faith Nissan has in their replacement transmissions, they only warranty them for 12 months or 12,000 miles...............NOT VERY REASSURING!!!!!!!!! Out of pocket cost to replace a tranny out of warranty is about $4500.....................Good luck with your vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
pimperell
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing