Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I've read that too,
Day-by-Day Review: 2014 Nissan Versa Note - Autos.ca
to quote:
My only complaint with the Versa Note so far is that it does not heat up quick enough. This could be an issue with this particular car and Nissan will be looking at it. But at only -5 Celsius and a 20-minute drive the car throws virtually no heat – curiously I can even see the engine temperature increase and decrease as I stop and go. In the city it never heats up, on the highway it does get up to temperature eventually – I can’t imagine this is an issue across the board, and I hope I get an update in a few weeks when they investigate.
Also:
The only thing I didn’t like about this new Versa this week was the lack of heat, which I’m sure is an issue with this car specifically.
By: James Bergeron is an Ottawa-based automotive journalist. He is also a member of the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).

Does anyone have real life experience with heat deficiencies in their Note?
Welcome to the NVF, MLR.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Research rocks!
Much of the Note's efficiency is due to the gearing, not just the engine. So I'm not buying the bit about too efficient to kick off sufficient heat eh. It's not even direct injected, so it's not that efficient.
I'm ASSUMING it could easily be rectified with a proper, warmer thermostat.
With a fancier OBDII reader tool, you can check engine temps and other sensors on-the-fly, to see if it even reaches the temperature to operate the thermostat.
I'm getting in over my head here, but I assume it's an easy fix, if it becomes a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.