Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for the life of me have not been able to find the location of the Note 2014 Cabin Filter. I download the repair manual, looked at the filter online and it looks like the same one that is used on the 2009 to 2011 HB's.

Do you have to remove the glove compartment? I don't seem to see all the screws to remove for the glove box.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
There is no cabin filter on the note in the US version
well that is a bit of info I did not know. I can't believe they would leave this out. Even my el cheapo 1.6 from back in 2009 had a cabin filter.

·
Registered
637 Posts
well that is a bit of info I did not know. I can't believe they would leave this out. Even my el cheapo 1.6 from back in 2009 had a cabin filter.
Yeah if you look in the service manual for the note it isn't even listed as a service item to be checked

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Yup I did just that after I read your initial reply. I know in some cars not equipped with cabin filters there was actually still a spot to install a filter. A small strip of plastic needed to be removed. What I'm saying is I wonder if there is a way to fit a filter even though didn't come stock.

After seeing what my filters look like after a couple of years I couldn't imagine not having a filter in the car.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yup I did just that after I read your initial reply. I know in some cars not equipped with cabin filters there was actually still a spot to install a filter. A small strip of plastic needed to be removed. What I'm saying is I wonder if there is a way to fit a filter even though didn't come stock.

After seeing what my filters look like after a couple of years I couldn't imagine not having a filter in the car.
I'll have to check when I get home as I didn't even think to see if there was something like that

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my 2014 sedan I have a little door that pops off where you could fit a filter. I am trying to figure out what filter fits. I ordered the filter for 2007-2011 and it didn't fit. I think the note is the same as the 2012-2014 sedan and Nissan lists one for the 2012 sedan part number 999M1-VS007

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I looked at the service manual and did not see the filter listed under maintenance. I thought I was just not seeing it and was figuring that I maybe looking in the wrong chapter.

I am surprised as well as it is not included.

Thanks every one for the confirmations.

·
Registered
518 Posts
On my 2014 sedan I have a little door that pops off where you could fit a filter. I am trying to figure out what filter fits. I ordered the filter for 2007-2011 and it didn't fit. I think the note is the same as the 2012-2014 sedan and Nissan lists one for the 2012 sedan part number 999M1-VS007
halfshark, where is this door located on your 2014 sedan? Is this the one you can access by removing the whole glove box?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Passenger side of the blower. It is kind of behind the glove box and to the left. You don't have to remove the glove box at all to get to it.
Yes! Found it, thanks.

Rockauto.com actually lists cabin filters for the 2014 Versa Sedan. Considering the Sedan and Note are identical under the skin, I would bet the following cabin filters will work (listed at rockauto):

FRAM RA87
FRAM CF10545
WIX 24829
ATP CF162

I'll order one of these and see if it works.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think I'll hold off ordering my filter. Checking further at rockauto, they list the same filter for 2007-2011 and the one for the 2012-2014 sedan. And you said the 2007-2011 filter did not fit.

I think I'll do more research.

·
Registered
518 Posts
.... I ordered the filter for 2007-2011 and it didn't fit. I think the note is the same as the 2012-2014 sedan and Nissan lists one for the 2012 sedan part number 999M1-VS007
halfshark, sorry to bother you again. When you said the 2007-2011 filter didn't fit, were you able to install the filter in the cavity but the plastic door that was part of the filter did not fit/did not close? Did the filter look like this:
FRAM - Part Details

I spent a lot of time this afternoon taking pictures and doing measurements and it appears the filter that rockauto lists (from my previous post) appears to have the correct dimensions, although the plastic door (that is part of the filter) appears a little similar (but not identical) to the door that is in my car.

Also based on my measurements PN 999M1-VS007 (FRAM CF10550) appears to be too big for the cavity. FRAM's website provides measurements for all their filters.

·
Registered
637 Posts
ok, im lost...i went out and did some digging around in the passenger side of the front seat and found nothing even like a compartment besides the glove box and found out that the whole glove box is attached to the rest of the front dash by clips so im not sure where you guys are seeing this square plastic piece you are talking about...any pointers or pictures would be helpful if you guys have any.

Edit:

found it! didnt realize it was sitting right in front of my freaking face when i was looking around in the front passenger footwell lol

·
Registered
637 Posts
ok, so for all you hoping the in cabin filters that we found might fit in to the Note....do not bother, just got through test fitting the WIX filter i found online and fortunately a store nearby to me had one, the unfortunate thing is that the opening on the Blower where a filter would normally go is physically smaller than all the filters we have found so far. Keep on searching guys, but unless Nissan is planning on releasing an in cabin air filter for the Note any time soon, i dont think we are going to find anything.

·
Registered
518 Posts
ok, so for all you hoping the in cabin filters that we found might fit in to the Note....do not bother, just got through test fitting the WIX filter i found online and fortunately a store nearby to me had one, the unfortunate thing is that the opening on the Blower where a filter would normally go is physically smaller than all the filters we have found so far. Keep on searching guys, but unless Nissan is planning on releasing an in cabin air filter for the Note any time soon, i dont think we are going to find anything.
Notified, I think this filter just does not simply "slide in" like other filters. Note that one corner is loose (no frame) which allows it to go inside the cavity if you "squoosh" the loose part of the filter while it goes through the door (probably at a 45 degree angle). I realize the door opening is only approx 5" long and the filter is approx 7.5".

Once you can squeeze the filter inside the cavity, my concern is the plastic piece that replaces the door, if it will fit snugly on the opening and stay there in place.

Per my previous posts, it appears this filter you found has the right dimensions, just not sure about the fit of the plastic piece that replaces the door.

This is a bit frustrating but an interesting challenge. There is an access door, a cavity for the filter, just need to find the right filter to put in. Ahh, Nissan why do you have to make it so difficult?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Notified, I think this filter just does not simply "slide in" like other filters. Note that one corner is loose (no frame) which allows it to go inside the cavity if you "squoosh" the loose part of the filter while it goes through the door (probably at a 45 degree angle). I realize the door opening is only approx 5" long and the filter is approx 7.5".

Once you can squeeze the filter inside the cavity, my concern is the plastic piece that replaces the door, if it will fit snugly on the opening and stay there in place.

Per my previous posts, it appears this filter you found has the right dimensions, just not sure about the fit of the plastic piece that replaces the door.

This is a bit frustrating but an interesting challenge. There is an access door, a cavity for the filter, just need to find the right filter to put in. Ahh, Nissan why do you have to make it so difficult?
the plastic door piece on the filter is the thing i am talking about when i say it will not fit, it is physically larger than the opening that it has to go into.

·
Registered
518 Posts
the plastic door piece on the filter is the thing i am talking about when i say it will not fit, it is physically larger than the opening that it has to go into.
Ahh got it, that's what I'm afraid of.

I assume the filter part fits inside the cavity properly? It probably just won't stay in place because the access door part of the filter is too big and won't close/seal the opening?

If the filter part fits, maybe it's time to do a McGyver and cut off that plastic piece and close the cavity with the door that came with the car. Just hope it does not rattle inside after doing this.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts