Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
The only thing I'd say about red is the fact that because it would stand out so much it'd make the drum brake rear look more obvious. If it were me I'd go silver.....actually amma going straight black on mine :)

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Well, I painted them on my day off from work. I jacked up the front end. Took off both tires, cleaned up the rotors, then did about 2-3 coats (let each dry in between). Then in the afternoon I painted another 2-3 coats and let it dry for a couple hours. Drove the car the next day. It says to let it dry for a couple hours before mounting the tires back on.
I already have a chip on one. I plan on repainting them after each winter when I swap the winters for the all-seasons. But it is not very difficult. They provide you with simply instructions.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, doesn't sound difficult. I need to get mine done before the end of October when it starts to snow. Wish I lived in Phoenix where the weather is more tolerable during the winter.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Lol. Ya I wished I lived somewhere warmer too that didn't get snow. I know my calipers will look horrible after the winter. Plus I bought rims for my winter tires so they calipers will not be covered by hubcaps. :(
Oh well.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got the passenger side completed. I already applied the first coat and waiting for it to dry right now then apply the 2nd coat on the driver side. This is an all day process just to paint/dry. Once it's complete I will post pics! :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Can't wait to see the pictures when its done. It's gonna look great.

I was going to paint my calipers and drums Orange but I decided that it would stand out too much so I am gonna get some black caliper paint and I am gonna try and find some Orange Nissan or NISMO decals to put on them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.