Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to add Negative Camber on my rear wheels. Could I use the camber bolts? Ive seen camber bolts for the front wheels, but not for the rear, can I use those same camber bolts on the back? Btw not trying crazy amount of camber. Just want enough to have proper clearance on my tire.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Anyone know how to add Negative Camber on my rear wheels. Could I use the camber bolts? Ive seen camber bolts for the front wheels, but not for the rear, can I use those same camber bolts on the back? Btw not trying crazy amount of camber. Just want enough to have proper clearance on my tire.
What you're looking for is a set of shims
What you'll want to do it go get an alignment reading (usually done for free) and look at what you're camber and toe readings are. The shim kit comes with a chart on it. Find where your current reading is on it and then look up where you want it to be. It'll tell you exactly where to cut the shim for the correct setup.

The Versa rear axle is known to not always be made correctly resulting in bad toe and camber specs from the factory. My right rear tire had over 1 degree toe in. Which is a lot for a street vehicle. If you do it the way I suggested you'll be able to correct the toe issue and get even camber on both sides resulting in less tire wear, improved handling, and better fuel economy. And it's cheap!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts