Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have signed up for a couple of cycling events this year that are quite a distance from me. To get there, I'll be driving 8 hours for one, and 16 for the other. I don't want to leave the bike outside when I have to take a quick pit stop (and it could get stolen), so I'm wondering if any of you have ridden with your bike inside your hatchback? Granted, there will be some disassembly involved of the bike....but have you done it? Pictures? How does that work for you?

Thanks for the intel!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have pictures, but I've done this several times myself with my hatchback. If you can, lay the back seats down flat. Put the front tire in first and turn it perpendicular to the ground. The back tire should just barely fit in. Its a bit of a pain, but it can be done with no disassembly. If you want it to be easier, just take the front tire off the bike.

·
Registered
240 Posts
With front tire off you can get two in pretty easy. Have you thought about picking up one of the bike racks that has a place for a lock?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
This is where the magic folding seats of the honda fit win. I know a guy with one and its amazing how the seats can fold out of the way and leave a flat floor as the fuel tank is under the front seats vs back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts