Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a Nissan Versa 2010 sedan. My back seat does not fold and so only to have space so I can have less then 100 inch of length from dash board to my trunk would be to remove the back seat and lower seat. Can anybody do a how to maybe picture and video. It would be better with picture or video. Thanks guys.

Reason I wanna do this is so I can carry big rc model planes. :woot:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I will be taking apart the back seat next week when I get the arts to fix my fuel pump. If nobody else posts anything up before then I can show you how to do it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If I recall (what I know is Hatchback though, should be similar) on the lower seat push in and up at the same time to unlock the latches then lift it up and there are bolts holding down the seat underneath. Use a socket wrench to removal em and it should come out. If I see an photo/video guide I'll post it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I recall (what I know is Hatchback though, should be similar) on the lower seat push in and up at the same time to unlock the latches then lift it up and there are bolts holding down the seat underneath. Use a socket wrench to removal em and it should come out. If I see an photo/video guide I'll post it.
How about the seat where u lean ur back on?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
There are no bolts holding down the lower part of the rear seat. I just removed mine recently when I installed the Clazzios. It just pops off. The only thing bolted down are the seatbelts. The actual seat is not.

:thumb2: But are you serious it's under neath the seat the fuel filter?
And yes the Fuel Pump can be accessed once you remove the rear seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found this thread last year and finally got around to removing mine this week. I removed the seats but rather than remove the seat belts i tucked them into the side trim (see photos) so that they aren't getting in the way.

I made a template for the space using poster board. I made the floor with 3/4" MDF. I split it in half and used piano hinge to hold the two pieces together. This keeps the two pieces firmly together while allowing me to remove the flooring to get to the spare tire if i need to. I covered the MDF with a high quality speaker box carpet. The floor can be folded up and pulled out of the car easily. I can also access the area under the floor via the rear passenger doors. The floor space is now serving as a cool hidden cubby space.

The floor pretty much just lays flat. Its not attached anywhere but its a firm fit and doesn't move. I used foam insulation to cut out some supports for the area where the back seats were attached. Now i can load my 2 dogs or my tools or a random piece of furniture.

The next thing i want to do is have a new carpeted cargo liner made to protect the flooring.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.