Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about 2.5" above the gas pedal, which makes the heel-and-toe thing tricky to impossible... My toe catches on the underside of the brake pedal when I go from the gas to the brake.

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Why are you heal toeing a versa???? Thats like speed shifting a beetle lol
your point is not valid :chuckle:

JK I knew what you were getting at.

As far as adjusting the brake pedal I'm not sure. In other cars I was able to adjust the clutch and the gas pedal though. But this being drive by wire I don't think you can adjust the gas pedal. Usually adjustments are made by threading the switch the pedal hits either in or out. You should consult the FSM.

·
Registered
339 Posts
MOST OF THOSE WILL BE DSG SO MY POINT IS STILL VALID :p BESIDES 210HP STILL TO SLOW TO SPEED SHIFT BAHAHAHA BESIDE WHATCH KNOW ABOUT SHIFTING ANYWAY

·
Registered
339 Posts
Any way you can heel toe the versa just fine the way it is. You keep you left side of your foot on the brake and roll your ankle over onto the gas pedal. More of a rolling motion than moving your heel over. Also learn the rpm drop rates and gear ratios by shifting without the clutch fist it realy helps with knowing how much to blip the throttle. I only use the clutch for stopping and starting.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Control you're toes, go down more with you're heel. The Versa's throttle response isn't that great, to really have to hit it to make the technique work.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Don't know about y'all, but my V wont allow pressing the gas and brake.. it kills it and bogs down bad.

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's a high speed maneuver where a smooth downshift actually matters and affects handling. I have a hell of a time imagining why or when you'd do that in normal driving, and on a low power FWD car at that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It is. Something about the brake assist system. Its so when you press the brake your foot wont slip and hit gas also. I can drive normally, press the brake and gas at same time, it will not accelerate and will bog down

·
Registered
339 Posts
ok you cant heal toe an auto. Heel toeing is for raising engine rpms for the next downshift so it deosnt upset the car at high speeds. When you hit the gas and brake on a fwd car it wont do anything thats how you do a burnout in an auto rwd car but since 70% of the braking is done with the front theres no way you can powerbrake a fwd. you can however park the back tires right before a speed bump pull the ebrake and do it that way. This is a link showing clutchless upshifts and heel toe down shifts nothing you need to concern yourself about since you have an auto.

this is a video explaining why you heel to you dont need it in fwd realy

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks for being a smart ass. Just like everyone else here has become. I had a chevy cavalier a few years ago, that was fwd auto but could do a burnout holding the brake slightly and pressing the gas. FYI, I've got 2 years driving on you buddy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
jswilson1987, no you dont heel toe an auto, but you do left foot brake. Helps with turn-in on FWD car. Transfer weight to the front wheels without scrubbing off too much speed.

btw, heel-toeing the versa smoothly is pretty damn hard because of the terrible throttle response and the way to large flywheel.

Cant see why you would need to use either of these techniques on the street.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for being a smart ass. Just like everyone else here has become. I had a chevy cavalier a few years ago, that was fwd auto but could do a burnout holding the brake slightly and pressing the gas. FYI, I've got 2 years driving on you buddy.
two years driving on who? that deosnt sound pleasant. Also ive been driving since i could reach the pedals. Its called borrowing your dads truck lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats. I bet you weren't doing donuts or using the toe heel method as you provided in daddy's farm truck were you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll admit that I misunderstood what HTT meant... And that -understandly- wasn't my point, since I'm driving an anemic Versa to work and back. (This model might well be the most basic transportation available in the US, so it follows that racing advice is pretty-well moot.)

What I was asking is this: can the brake pedal height be adjusted? (I've done it on my past cars, but I see no no threaded rod from my pedal to the booster on my Versa that will allow any that.)

Tell ya what: I got a great deal on this econobox, but it's underwhelming in almost every way, and I wish I'd taken the time to think about my choice for a day or two more.

It doesn't accelerate, its mileage is something like 28/31 based on my actual calculations, the dash rattles after < 4,000 miles, and the interior is gratuitously cheap and ill-appointed. This model is an embarrassment to the Nissan nameplate, aside from all the room in the hatch, which was why I bought this clunker in the first place.

If I could do it all over again, I'd get a Hyundai, and figure-out how to fit my skis inside it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.