Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i disable the TPSM? i don't have the sensor on my after mark wheel and the light its all ways blinking its like have a Christmas tree on my dash how can i remove it or disable do this make anything spacial on the engine

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
id also like to know since I'm thinking about not running them with my new wheels..

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I just did a little research on some other nissan forums and it doesn't look like you can disable the system. Your best bet is to grab a piece of electrical tape and cover up the light. If you think it looks ugly, you can pull out the entire guage cluster and tape over the actual led.

·
Registered
656 Posts
my AFR gauge covers mine :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I kinda feel better knowing I'm not the only one with the same problem lol :thumb2:

I just ignore it, as long as is not the service engine soon light or check engine light, its all good

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I had my sensors put in my new wheels,,that really is the way to go~~~
If you have two sets of wheels (summer and winter, like me)most shops will charge extra to always be swapping the tpms sensors. At some places its up to an extra $20 a wheel. So basically, they're charging you an extra $80, so I can see the appeal to just turning them off

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Im goign to be switching mine into my summer tires. The shop IM going to will be doing it FOR FREE!! I love that place. Too bad they're not nationwide.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
canada doesn't use this system. I always wondered if you could just swap the computer.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I would gladly give up the TPMS for the HEATED MIRRORS that are mandated in Canada. Unfortunately they are not available in the US.

Frank 2009 Versa S MT-6 with 31K miles and 33 MPG average over the 31K miles
I feel you, I would be more than happy to give up the TPMS sensors for something like MP3 plug on my factory radio, that or a couple tweeters, or a subwoofer, or arm rest :woot:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I feel you, I would be more than happy to give up the TPMS sensors for something like MP3 plug on my factory radio, that or a couple tweeters, or a subwoofer, or arm rest :woot:

ohh...
fender side turn signals, like the nissan TIIDA, I would give up the TPMS sensors for side fender blinkers
:beatdeadhorse5:

No TPMS here. But we do have the heated mirrors. They are very handy in the winter, used em last night since my car was a big pile of ice leaving work :(
what's up iluvmyVersa08!! Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
oh yeah, you guys get more cold weather than in my area, snow tires are a MUST have :ihih:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.