Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i disable the TPSM? i don't have the sensor on my after mark wheel and the light its all ways blinking its like have a Christmas tree on my dash how can i remove it or disable do this make anything spacial on the engine

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
id also like to know since I'm thinking about not running them with my new wheels..

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I just did a little research on some other nissan forums and it doesn't look like you can disable the system. Your best bet is to grab a piece of electrical tape and cover up the light. If you think it looks ugly, you can pull out the entire guage cluster and tape over the actual led.

·
Registered
656 Posts
my AFR gauge covers mine :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I kinda feel better knowing I'm not the only one with the same problem lol :thumb2:

I just ignore it, as long as is not the service engine soon light or check engine light, its all good

C

·
0 Posts
I had my sensors put in my new wheels,,that really is the way to go~~~

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had my sensors put in my new wheels,,that really is the way to go~~~
If you have two sets of wheels (summer and winter, like me)most shops will charge extra to always be swapping the tpms sensors. At some places its up to an extra $20 a wheel. So basically, they're charging you an extra $80, so I can see the appeal to just turning them off

·
Registered
643 Posts
If you have two sets of wheels (summer and winter, like me)most shops will charge extra to always be swapping the tpms sensors. At some places its up to an extra $20 a wheel. So basically, they're charging you an extra $80, so I can see the appeal to just turning them off
Agreed...it's just an idiot light that's easy to ignore!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Im goign to be switching mine into my summer tires. The shop IM going to will be doing it FOR FREE!! I love that place. Too bad they're not nationwide.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
canada doesn't use this system. I always wondered if you could just swap the computer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
so the nissan versa in Canada does not have TPMS sensors
I would gladly give up the TPMS for the HEATED MIRRORS that are mandated in Canada. Unfortunately they are not available in the US.

Frank 2009 Versa S MT-6 with 31K miles and 33 MPG average over the 31K miles

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I would gladly give up the TPMS for the HEATED MIRRORS that are mandated in Canada. Unfortunately they are not available in the US.

Frank 2009 Versa S MT-6 with 31K miles and 33 MPG average over the 31K miles
I feel you, I would be more than happy to give up the TPMS sensors for something like MP3 plug on my factory radio, that or a couple tweeters, or a subwoofer, or arm rest :woot:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
No TPMS here. But we do have the heated mirrors. They are very handy in the winter, used em last night since my car was a big pile of ice leaving work :(

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I feel you, I would be more than happy to give up the TPMS sensors for something like MP3 plug on my factory radio, that or a couple tweeters, or a subwoofer, or arm rest :woot:

ohh...
fender side turn signals, like the nissan TIIDA, I would give up the TPMS sensors for side fender blinkers
:beatdeadhorse5:

No TPMS here. But we do have the heated mirrors. They are very handy in the winter, used em last night since my car was a big pile of ice leaving work :(
what's up iluvmyVersa08!! Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
oh yeah, you guys get more cold weather than in my area, snow tires are a MUST have :ihih:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
what's up iluvmyVersa08!! Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
oh yeah, you guys get more cold weather than in my area, snow tires are a MUST have :ihih:
hey!
Ya snow tires definitely help ... I took mine off last week, lol, but I made it fine last night. Today it's all clear :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts