Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -- I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I just bought an '07 SL with the 7 speaker/rockford fosgate audio system with bluetooth. Does anyone know if it's possible to play mp3s from a phone/mp3 player/ipod using the bluetooth? If so, does it need a special adapter?

I want to be able to play mp3s through the audio system, ideally still being able to use the steering wheel controls, without having to mess up the dash by attaching a mount to hold the phone/mp3 player/ipod with cords hanging from the AUX input and/or down across the centre console. I like a neat cockpit!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)

I've heard its possible (Not sure if your system is capable). But I have read that the technology isn't really there yet for bluebtooth audio. I think in order to have that work you'll have to get a head unit thats able to communicate with your media player. I have an in dash navigation with bluetooth but its not able to play any music

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think so. Both the device and the car would have to support the A2DP spec and I don't believe the car (and most devices) do.

As far as I know this is not supported and I don't think the car recognizes bluetooth for anything but telephone mode.

I don't feel like running the aux cable makes things too messy, it's in a good spot (passenger side, relatively low.) One option might be to run an aux extension cable down and fix it nicely into the groove of the console on the passenger side...get it fixed in there semi-permanently.

·
Registered
613 Posts
My girlfriends Kia rio5 plays her music on her iPhone via Bluetooth, sometimes even games she leaves running in the background will play through mp3 mode and you can hear it throughout the car.

It is possible if you have a deck with bluetooth and an iPhone or a compatible phone with A2DP (advanced audio distribution profile) Which allows wireless transmission of stereo audio from a phone or computer with A2DP, to a receiver with A2DP.

If you do some searching online or in a local electronics store I'm sure your bound to find something that will get your music streaming and playing through Bluetooth in your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.