Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Lmao at the last comment, so true "Mike said, March 25, 2010 at 1:27 pm. What a waste of time and money. I have a Versa SL and it’s the biggest piece of crap on the road. Pimping a Versa is like putting lipstick on a pig." Honestly making a Versa fast is a waste of time and money, not a good platform for performance at all.
To each their own. Why not do something that hasn't really been done before? At least we aren't a Honda Civic forum with a bunch of shifty hatchbacks with a giant exhaust. Why follow when you can lead?

a supercharger? i'll have to ask my fiance about it...he's the one that keeps talking about getting one for my car...not sure if they make one that fits or if we need a custom one...i'll try and get back to you on what he's been thinking about doing
There is not a turbo or supercharger kit made for the Versa. You will have to have a custom one made. There has been a turbo made by Fox Racing but it wasn't reliable and I believe it blew the engine. Also if you have a CVT, it can't handle the power. :/

· Registered
620 Posts
.........so what you all are saying is that the turbo in the picture isn't for a mr18de engine? Also, the grille looks like part of a customized bumper-grille system. still something i would like to do. this would be an expensive project. just the bumper-grille assembly would be pricey.
I'm not sure exactly.. I haven't looked into it very much. But I think it was made for the mr18de but only one was made. It was never manufactured. Don't quote me on it though because I could be wrong..

A reason why we don't have stuff like this is because everyone says they want a turbo or supercharger and when it comes time to get a group together everyone flops out. It would be awesome if we could get like 10 people who are interested and the group could approach a company and see if they will make one.

The kit on that Versa is the IMPUL kit. It's really expensive, I want the sedan version but if I remember correctly when converted from Yen it's about 2k (I think) and that's not including shipping, installation, and painting.. I think you can buy the grill separate for like $200 or something.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.