Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I doing wrong here? I have the tire off but I cant get the drum off for the life off me and it feels like its still attached to the shoes. My car is a 2008 nissan versa.

I sprayed it wd40 but Im 99% sure Im missing something here. Im used to having a vehicle where you just rock the drum back and forth and it peels off. This def feels like its attached.

I find these cars fairly difficult to work on tbh. You shoulda saw me with the transmission dipstick. It doesnt look like a dipstick at all for one and when i tried to pull it up, there was a lock on it. Sheeeeeeeesh :spiral:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
there should be a bolt hole in the face of the drum I dont remember what size it is but you put a bolt in the and turn it in and it will pry the drum off

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
there are two very small holes and there is a big one that has a piece of plastic in place and it has the shape of a flat head screw driver but when I touched it, it fell into the drum. So is this where I would find what Youre talking about? Here is a picture.

·
Registered
105 Posts
there are two very small holes and there is a big one that has a piece of plastic in place and it has the shape of a flat head screw driver but when I touched it, it fell into the drum. So is this where I would find what Youre talking about? Here is a picture.

A metric bolt with typically a 10mm head is used in those small holes at about 1 and 7 (clock face) in your picture. Note that those holes are threaded for the purpose of removing the drum. Use 2 bolts and by running them in those two holes they push the drum off from the hub. Keep alternating a few turns on each one so the pressure is even on both sides. I find that PB Blaster sprayed around around the hub ring where the brake drum goes over helps a lot. Spray it wait 15 min and do it again a few times. Emergency brake is off.

Good luck
Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 35600 miles

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
yes its going to be the 2 little holes and do just like Francesco said and you should be good to go :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
ahhhhh thanks a tonne helps a lot. I banged the bastard with hammer and sprayed it with Wd-40 and still no go.

This will def do the trick.
Also spray in the little holes and also the wheel bolts trying to get the lubricant in behind to free up the rust and rotate the drum to get gravity to soak as many areas in the hub to drum rust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.