Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I doing wrong here? I have the tire off but I cant get the drum off for the life off me and it feels like its still attached to the shoes. My car is a 2008 nissan versa.

I sprayed it wd40 but Im 99% sure Im missing something here. Im used to having a vehicle where you just rock the drum back and forth and it peels off. This def feels like its attached.

I find these cars fairly difficult to work on tbh. You shoulda saw me with the transmission dipstick. It doesnt look like a dipstick at all for one and when i tried to pull it up, there was a lock on it. Sheeeeeeeesh :spiral:

· Registered
1,963 Posts
there should be a bolt hole in the face of the drum I dont remember what size it is but you put a bolt in the and turn it in and it will pry the drum off

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
there are two very small holes and there is a big one that has a piece of plastic in place and it has the shape of a flat head screw driver but when I touched it, it fell into the drum. So is this where I would find what Youre talking about? Here is a picture.

· Registered
105 Posts
there are two very small holes and there is a big one that has a piece of plastic in place and it has the shape of a flat head screw driver but when I touched it, it fell into the drum. So is this where I would find what Youre talking about? Here is a picture.

A metric bolt with typically a 10mm head is used in those small holes at about 1 and 7 (clock face) in your picture. Note that those holes are threaded for the purpose of removing the drum. Use 2 bolts and by running them in those two holes they push the drum off from the hub. Keep alternating a few turns on each one so the pressure is even on both sides. I find that PB Blaster sprayed around around the hub ring where the brake drum goes over helps a lot. Spray it wait 15 min and do it again a few times. Emergency brake is off.

Good luck
Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 35600 miles

· Registered
1,963 Posts
yes its going to be the 2 little holes and do just like Francesco said and you should be good to go :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.