Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
118 miles per hour(190kmh) is about as fast as a Tiida will go, you can't expect more from 109 horsepower. Car and Driver tested a recent one and they said 117 is the top speed.

I had a '05 175 horsepower Sentra SE-R Spec V, it could reach your desired 130 miles per hour (210kmh). Perhaps you should trade? I wouldn't want to drive a Tiida at 210, the tires aren't rated for that, the suspension and the brakes aren't either.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Lol, a Versa is a city car. Surprised you got even that far, considering how it also has a "city gearbox", not sure about the automatic ratios but what was it revving?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2010 Nissan Tiida 1.8L automatic, just can't go pass 190km/h! Does any one can help out? I am not greedy, 210km/h I will be very happy. Thanks.
ya my 1.8 6spd tops out at 120 its at 5000rpm though any faster and your risking engine damage. The suspension and brakescant hang at those speed so be carfull one wrong bump and shes tipping over.

My E23 with a cammed M106 running 16psi(roughly 400hp) could hit 150 no problem like a super sonic couch lol Man that was an awsome car

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's in the gearing. The 6 speed Versa's are city gearboxes. The ratios for the manual boxes are extremely close. I shift every 10km/h in my Versa, or at 2000RPM (for fuel economy), I can hit 6th at exactly 60 and so on. You can tell this was meant as a city runabout just from this alone, they didn't bother to change final drive or any other gearing for the land space of America. This gearing is better for the city, being able to creep in 1st from a stop without ever touching the gas, but I can imagine how fuel economy is affected anywhere 80km/h+, where revs are high 2000s to low 3000's. Not to mention engine wear. I love my Versa in the city for whipping through the streets, the gearing really makes it feel sportier than it should be for the low HP, but country or freeway driving isn't good. However, this short gearing is convenient if you make some more power, helps out acceleration quite a bit at the expense of top speed and vice versa.

German cars in general are built for high speeds. My 928 has a 2.73 rear end, good for about 170MPH stock. Earlier 928's had 2.20. It takes about 500HP to reach 200MPH on a later car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.