Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't believe it... I took my car through a car wash today (water jets only) to make sure that new paint wasn't going to come off.. it stayed on but.. I could hear a lot of water sloshing around in the back as I pulled out over the speed bumps. Looked in rear view mirror and there was water running down the inside of my back window. I opened the hatch and it looks like it's not sealing correctly. Water had spurted in at a few different points and a fair bit made it's way in through where the hatch locks to the bumper. That area tuned into a mini swimming pool.

I thought the hatch at the back looked like it was poking out a bit since it was fixed but thought that was just me. I also thought there was too much room between the bottom of the hatch back door and the bumper.. I can fit a finger in there now and before I was almost sure I could barley get a bit of a towel in there when drying the car.

·
Registered
613 Posts
man that's not cool, I hate shotty body shops that don't do their work properly, reminds me of my front bumper and drivers side fender and how they screwed me on that repair. hope you get that fixed! i know that would bug me

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks the idea is to take it back. They are not too happy with me anymore as I've complained about anything that wasn't quite to my liking but I don't see any reason to just accept it as is. They seemed shocked it was leaking but I can't deny the water that was running in.

Still seems odd this body shop denied any frame or structural damage yet the rear hatch isn't quite lined up properly anymore. I don't know if I'm more pissed at my insurance company for putting profit before the paying customer or the body shop for lying. I hate to take it back there now to be honest but insurance will force to take it there or they won't cover additional work.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man that's not cool, I hate shotty body shops that don't do their work properly, reminds me of my front bumper and drivers side fender and how they screwed me on that repair. hope you get that fixed! i know that would bug me
I'd like to say it was a shotty body shop but it came highly recommended. The place has sells luxury cars I thought for sure it'd be a body shop that paid attention to detail. In the end I think they've only paid attention to the insurance company and kept costs as low as possible.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would establish a new residence at the body shop. Rag on them so hard they just want to do it right to get rid of you. If all else fails, threaten to sue and report to the BBB. They hate that, trust me.

Them "Dude, you gotta go home sometime!"

Me "Dude, you gotta get it right sometime!"

·
Registered
40 Posts
BBB is an excellent sugestion. I'd certainly give them the oportunity to fix it though.

Tell them something like " I know you guys would want to correct this If I gave you the oportunity".
"I'm sure you don't want this out there as a
indication of the your quality"

If this doesn't work tell them they are forcing you to take additional action.
Then contact the BBB. They are very helpful in maters like this one. Hopefullly
the body shop is a member of the BBB. You can check at the BBB website.
If they are they are obligated to formally respond to your complaint due to their membership.

In any case tell the BBB that you'd like to make a WRITTEN complaint. They'll
oblige and forward the complaint to the bodyshop for resolution. Be specific and resonable with what you want in your letter.

Again give them the oportunity to correct it first.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I've already established a residence at the body shop and my insurance agents office due to other issues lol. I do have some serious concerns with the frame issue which I'm having independently and professionally appraised. The leaking I'm sure they'll correct it properly when I take it back this time around as I'm sure the last thing they want to see is me coming back to complain lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Damn, Its shitty that shops pay attention to insurance and try and keep costs low. Quality over quantity. Definitely make them fix it, and it honestly shouldn't cost you anymore than what you or your insurance has paid, they should have done it right the first time.

They said there isn't any frame damage? it definitely sounds like there is with it not aligning properly, good idea on getting it independently and professionally appraised.

what insurance company do you use btw?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn, Its shitty that shops pay attention to insurance and try and keep costs low. Quality over quantity. Definitely make them fix it, and it honestly shouldn't cost you anymore than what you or your insurance has paid, they should have done it right the first time.

They said there isn't any frame damage? it definitely sounds like there is with it not aligning properly, good idea on getting it independently and professionally appraised.

what insurance company do you use btw?
It'll be fixed correctly this time around alright. I don't expect them to bill me for it unless they want be to fall over laughing because that would be a funny joke lol. A joke so funny I'd have my lawyer over to hear it so they can laugh too!

I've had two appraisals one at large vehicle retailer just to confirm my initial suspicions then another by an independent professional appraiser just to get it in paper and signed by a professional. Both appraisals confirm the frame was damaged and put on a machine and straightened out again. That alone of course explains why the rear hatch won't line up correctly.

I've no idea what other issues might now crop up a year or three down the line? What if I'm rear ended again will it hold up or just crumble in! Well what it hasn't explained is why would I be lied to by the body shop repeatedly, why would they appear to hide frame related repairs in the work order. I felt insulted that they'd think I'd be that stupid.

One theory that's cropped up is the insurance may have pressured them to do so or promised them more "work" if they did this. Either would give them a reasonable motive. After all this is all about the $ and not about getting the paying customer back on the road properly. Another possible theory is the person I've dealt with at the body shop is incompetent and hasn't a clue as to what's going on. Either way I will get to the bottom of this and get things (lol) straightened out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.