Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I am new to forums so I hope someone can help me out here. I have a 2010 Versa 1.8S, automatic transmission. It has about 40,000miles on it. Recently when I put the car into reverse it revs as if it is neutral, you can see the RPM's going up but the car doesn't go anywhere (and yes the parking brake is off). I put the car back into park and then put it into reverse and it does the same thing. The only way I have been able to fix this problem is to turn the car off and then turn it back on again. Which is very frustrating since a car should not have a problem going into reverse. This same problem has happened when I go into drive but only twice were as it has been a couple dozen times with reverse. I have checked the transmission fluid b/c I thought that maybe be the problem but that is fine. Let me know if anybody has any ideas on what could be causing this problem. Hope to see some posts soon:)

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No my parents did not buy it from Nissan directly, it was used. It was out of warranty at 36,000 miles and the powertrain warranty goes till 60,000 miles but I don't believe this is a powertrain issue...

·
Registered
877 Posts
No my parents did not buy it from Nissan directly, it was used. It was out of warranty at 36,000 miles and the powertrain warranty goes till 60,000 miles but I don't believe this is a powertrain issue...
I would tend to disagree. It is a power train issue, and should be covered under the warranty. There are a number of components that comprise the power train, and you have every right to expect your car to move forward or reverse when the proper gear is selected!!

https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/warranty/2010_N_WIB.pdf

·
Registered
993 Posts
I would tend to disagree. It is a power train issue, and should be covered under the warranty. There are a number of components that comprise the power train, and you have every right to expect your car to move forward or reverse when the proper gear is selected!!

https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/warranty/2010_N_WIB.pdf
This is true, you need to be firm with on this too. I take it the warranty is with a dealership, make sure to let them know your not going to just go away until its fixed. The more you get on them to fix it the more likely it will be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.