Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Versa Sedan. My car has been stuck in park for almost a week. I have used the shift release interlock and it was working fine. Now that won't even work. I press down firmly into the button and try to put the car in neutral. I hear a clicking sound when I press the button on the side of the shifter but it is not coming out of park. Should I just keep trying the shift release? Does anyone know what I can do to at least get it to work without having to take it anywhere? HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a 2012 Versa Sedan. My car has been stuck in park for almost a week. I have used the shift release interlock and it was working fine. Now that won't even work. I press down firmly into the button and try to put the car in neutral. I hear a clicking sound when I press the button on the side of the shifter but it is not coming out of park. Should I just keep trying the shift release? Does anyone know what I can do to at least get it to work without having to take it anywhere? HELP PLEASE!
Hello, my recommendation would be to use the interlock so you can take it to the dealer service to look at. Not sure of the problem but if the interlock does not work sometimes, you should get it fixed pronto.

2012 may still have some warranty left?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, my recommendation would be to use the interlock so you can take it to the dealer service to look at. Not sure of the problem but if the interlock does not work sometimes, you should get it fixed pronto.

2012 may still have some warranty left?

the interlock is not working. should i just keep trying to get it to work?

·
Registered
408 Posts
the interlock is not working. should i just keep trying to get it to work?
If you can get it to work, then take it to dealership. If you can't, then you may have to have it towed in.

I am not sure how you could bypass it.

Have you tried looking at a Field Service Manual to see what could be the problem? Their is a link to the files on this site for various Versa years.

Here is the link found it for you:http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissan-versa-factory-service-manuals.html

Look at TM pdf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can get it to work, then take it to dealership. If you can't, then you may have to have it towed in.

Have you tried looking at a Field Service Manual to see what could be the problem? Their is a link to the files on this site for various Versa years.

Here is the link found it for you:Nissan Versa Factory Service Manuals

Look at TM pdf.
i am just confused because i have never heard of the interlock NOT working...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here is the link found it for you:Nissan Versa Factory Service Manuals

Look at TM pdf.
could i just be pressing it wrong? i feel like i am doing what i have done before. but i just dont know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you hear or feel a click coming from the gear shifter when you press slowly down on the brake pedal?

no. i don't think i can hear a click. i got my interlock to work now. i don't think i was pressing directly down firm enough at first. i just don't know what could be wrong with my car. this literally came out of nowhere!

·
Registered
440 Posts
no. i don't think i can hear a click. i got my interlock to work now. i don't think i was pressing directly down firm enough at first. i just don't know what could be wrong with my car. this literally came out of nowhere!
It sounds to me like it could be a failed brake switch. If it fails it doesnt think the car has the brakes applied and wont let you shift into a gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sounds to me like it could be a failed brake switch. If it fails it doesnt think the car has the brakes applied and wont let you shift into a gear.
i got a friend to look at the brake switch and he said it was fine. he checked to see if some button was still intact near the brakes and he said it was. so i do not think it could be that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same issue. I replaced my brake switch and my gear selector worked........for a little while. I am back to using the override or interlock switch.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It can be an indicator of a battery about to go bad. So far when I am forced to go there I do not repair them, rather, I defeat the solenoid action so that the problem never happens ever again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts