Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So recently my car has been having issues where while i'm accelerating if i lightly tap the gas pedal the car will jerk pretty hard back and forth. It happens a lot (not all the time) at higher speeds say at 60 k/m and up, but some times even at low speeds. I've tried changing the spark plugs, coils, engine mounts (top, rear strut mount). the vehicle is at 135,000 km. it's a 2012 1.6 CVT. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue.

:frown

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can you recreate the problem while in neutral? It might help with trying to figure out if it's an engine problem or a transmission problem.
Also note the RPM's when it happens again.

I would also check the transmission fluid: Level, color, and feel (rub your fingers together, check for slickness)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, im the OP. Forgot my password and the forumn doesn't reset ur password for some reason.

After spending hundreds of dollars on this car I finally figured it out.

So, I tested if it did the same thing while in park and neutral and unfortunately it did. So I went back to the basis of the problem, which started with the spark plugs, after i checked all the spark plugs and replaced them, as i was putting everything back together it had me thinking. It would happen everytime i lightly tap the gas so im assuming it had something to do with the MAF sensor or the MAF itself. After checking the sensor i found out the connector that had a plastic clip was broken. So I put on the MAF connector on loosely and took it for a drive, this time it had the same issue but was even worse, so when i pushed it in tightly and test drove it, i discovered the issue had been resolved. Looks like I have to replace the connector. Anyways hopefully this will shed the light on anyone else that is having a similar issue, check the harness first, before replacing a bunch of other things on ur car. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts