1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
My versa better last longer then 320,000km.

Interesting read in the link. I'd love to see the data collected on the Korean brands in another 5-10 years or so. I'm betting it's much better.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I plan on driving to 300k miles. I'm at 117k miles now with not a single issue. Car still runs like new.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my will be paid for this year, wife's alty paid off 2015, hope i can wait til then :)

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I have 17 payments to go and should be right around 160k miles when paid off depending on how many come off for the recall. I hope I'm still trouble free at that time. To drive a car that doesn't have payments and doesn't need work is the ultimate goal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have 17 payments to go and should be right around 160k miles when paid off depending on how many come off for the recall. I hope I'm still trouble free at that time. To drive a car that doesn't have payments and doesn't need work is the ultimate goal.
Absolutely. I am at 19K right now, will be interesting to see how things progress.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There is a sense of pride of having a vehicle with 200k+ miles although after that mileage you are at the mercy of the car. Cost of maintenance vs. market value of car.

My old Maxima was worth $800 market value but she needed at least another $1000-2000 worth of maintaince to keep her running at that point I just said no more money. While it would have been cheaper to repair her than buying a new car, I'm happy I did. I got a new Versa that is more fuel efficient, has a working radio and working A/C and is easier to drive plus peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Friends of mine just pulled the plug on their Grand Am at 380000km, i don't have enough patience to spend that much time in a fwd Pontiac lol but good for them :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts