Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! Im having an issue with my versa. Its an 09 hatch 1.8 automatic without CVT. I'm just south of 200,000. Never any major problems. I had the serpentine belt replaced the other day and noticed the next day that I had a slight (500 rpm) stutter in the tach asI was driving at approx 30 mph. didn't think much of it at the time. Now I have had the car stall 2 times on me during left hand turns. car starts right back up afterwards and its not every left turn.. any suggestions that i can look at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply. The car has had somewhat regular maintenance. in that i mean I have changed the oil and done brakes over the life off the car. within the last 10,000 I have done coils, plugs, pcv valve, and most recently (day before this problem) the serpentine belt. the check engine light has been on for a while and I have had the codes read a few times to see what they were. I had them read today just to see if there was anything new. just P0420 twice, P0455. those both have been there for a while. The mewing is P1217 but I attribute that to when the belt broke and the engine got hot. I did not drive long after the belt blew. I didn't know the exact moment but it was less than 1.5 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thank you very much for the information. I have known the dangers of overheating but didn't realize the quickness of it to happen. I guess I will explore the gasket and head issue to see if I can find anything there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.