Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, apologies for the novice question, I want to make sure I don't mess this up!

The car in question is a 2014 Nissan Note/Versa (Japanese Import)

Background:
The car came with an aftermarket Japanese (JVC) car stereo that was connected to the Nissan car stereo cable via some converter cable. The ground cable on this JVC lead has a ground ring/hook attachment to connect to a screw fixture on the dash.
I am re-using this converter as it has bullet connectors I can use to connect to a standard ISO cable for my new stereo, as I couldn't find the correct Nissan to ISO cable for my car.
When I removed the old stereo, I did not note exactly how the old unit was grounded.

My question is what is the correct way to ground my new stereo?

A. Replace the ring with a bullet connector and connect the two ground cables. Avoid using the screw fixture to point to ground.

B. Replace the bullet on the ISO cable, add a ring instead and connect both rings to the screw fixture.

C. Ignore the ground on the that old JVC converter lead and connect the ISO connector ground to the screw fixture (with a soldered on hook/ring). So that would be stereo to chasis (I assume)

D. Something else?

I've attached a photo and I appreciate any advice here. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts