Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! First time posting on here. I have somewhat of an annoying problem that started to happen after a very knowledgeable friend and I changed the sparkplugs on my 2008 Versa sedan. The problem is that everytime I start the car, I have to rev it up or else the RPMs drop to 0 and it stalls... and separate from that, everytime I brake and come to a complete stop, the car vibrates, falls under 500 RPMs then corrects itself but occasionally the car will stall and I have to restart it by cranking and revving. Basically what happened was the following:

1. - We replaced the sparkplugs and they were correctly gapped. They are OEM denso plugs.

2. - Two components broke. One was the PCV valve and the other was the purge control solenoid that is right next to the throttle body. Those are the ONLY components damaged during the spark plug change and they have since been replaced at my local firestone and both replacements are also OEM. The engine codes were also cleared.

My question is what would continue to cause the car to act abnormally since there wasnt any further damage to any other component and all of the new components are OEM? Do any of these components require a PCM re-learn or what other things may be causing this problem on my Versa? Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Sounds like you have an air leak. I would double check the hoses and make sure the intake manifold gasket is in place. When the codes were cleared it would reset your fuel trims. The ECU would start making adjustments from there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I used to work at Firestone Complete Autocare. I seriously doubt that the parts they used were OEM. The only time we would use OEM parts is when an aftermarket company did not have them availble....which was rare.

Are the plug wires connect in the correct firing order? If so and there are no vacuum leaks then I would recheck the plug gaps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.