Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I poked around on the forum a bit but didn't see anything related to this. The car used to unlock the doors when I removed the key from the ignition after turning off the engine. Well I must have sat on the fob and hit some button combination just right because it got the setting changed. Now I have to manually hit the unlock button on the door handle. Anyone know how to turn the auto-unlock function back on?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
My Versa doesn't have the auto lock/unlock feature, came out in 09.
I did read before about how to disengage it. I'll try and find the info for you.

Ext:

Googled and found this. Give it a try.

1. get in and close all doors
2. turn the ignition switch to the on position
3. within 20 seconds of step 2:
- for auto lock at 15mph, hold the lock button on the window switch for 5 or more seconds
- for auto unlock when ignition is turned off, hold the unlock button for 5 or more seconds

When either setting is activated, the hazard lights will flash twice. When deactivated, they will only flash once.

The ignition switch needs to be turned off and then back to ON between changing either setting.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I had this happen to mine and I had to have the ignition switch replaced so if what iluvmyVersa08 said dont work that may be whats wrong

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off thanks for the response.
Secondly, it appears to not be working. ILMV08 was correct on the setting changes, I got the hazard blink and all but it doesn't seem to be working still. It's so weird, go into the concert and works fine, come back out and it won't. Hope I don't need a new ignition immediately.

Hemi when you got yours changed , was it necessary or just done due to the door lock situation?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I was still well in my warranty so I changed it cause of it not unlocking the doors they said the switch that tells it the key is still there went bad. I have a question though when you take the key out and it doesn't unlock if you open the door does the chime go off like the key was still in it cause that's what it was doing for me

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, no ding but the radio cuts off after like 5 seconds whether or not I open the door whereas the radio only stopped upon door opening or maybe like a minute or so before.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
... idk then lol if what iluvmyVersa08 said didnt work if your still in the warranty I would take it in or maybe if you know a good shop that wont kill your wallet to diagnosis it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe it just had to think about it because yesterday I drove it again and this time the unlock feature was active. Thanks ILMV08 for your help.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Mine used to work when it wanted too. I took it in to Nissan, and they found the BCM to be faulty, and replaced it under warranty. But mine did the same exact thing. I thought it was ignition as well, but it wasnt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just took mine to the shop for this 5 minutes ago. While at walmart it refused to work, but as soon as I got to the dealership it worked fine... Its under warranty, but the guy said if they can't duplicate the malfunction at some while its at the shop I have to pay for the mechanics time... F ing butt munchers...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.