Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone who has a custom exhaust and of course the O2 sensor causes the CEL to turn on.

He bought something to clip it on the end of the sensor and it doesn't bring up the light at the gauge cluster.

Is there something similar to that for a 2014 Nissan Versa Sedan?
You never know what else might pop up other than the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Probably just used a spark plug non-fouler to take it out of the exhaust stream so it reads lean all the time so doesn't set the cat-efficiency or O2 CEL's.

What are you talking about when you say "you never know what else might pop up other than the O2 sensor"?? What does this mean?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably just used a spark plug non-fouler to take it out of the exhaust stream so it reads lean all the time so doesn't set the cat-efficiency or O2 CEL's.

What are you talking about when you say "you never know what else might pop up other than the O2 sensor"?? What does this mean?
oh, ill take a look at the non-fouler.

What i meant is that the CEL is not only for the o2 sensor. it could be anything else like a bad cam for example and there wouldn't be a difference on the CEL. I'll like to eliminate the current code from being a possibility.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Your car ideally won't set codes during the first few years of ownership, and shouldn't if you keep up on maintenance and inspect things frequently. I have an 07 1.8 with 338 000KM on all original sensors and still no DTC's, not even any pending codes. I don't know how the supply chain is for current model years, and if the suppliers for stuff like sensors and modules has improved design and improved quality control or if it's reduced, so i can't speak for how current MY's will fare as they age, but if recent history is any indication, quality and reliability should only have increased.

My generation Versa's had alot of problems with various modules and sensors.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I assume custom exhaust means no cat.

It's fairly common practice to use a spacer to get the sensor out of the stream, as was already suggested.

I'd reccomend spending $27 if you have an iphone or android and get a scanner for your phone and a bluetooth OBD plug. I use Torque, and it has more than paid for itself. You can scan, log data, and clear codes among other things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.